+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Clint Eastwood is a nice example of an American who got his major break in Italian spaghetti westerns.
    He played an American, NOT an Italian! Exactly my point all along!

Regardless, we've gone WAY off topic in this thread, so let's all get back on topic
    Agreed! As I mentioned a few posts ago, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I'm interested in 666 Park Ave, Beauty & The Beast (can't help it!), Emily Owens, MD (can't help that either Justin Hartley!), Revolution, and Partners.

My pet peeve is producers making British actors speak with American accents when it isn't necessary. I could never get into House because I just couldn't watch Hugh Laurie and hear him speak with that American accent. Not that it was a bad accent, it's just that it wasn't him. I guess producers think Americans won't be able to identify with a character if he or she speaks with a "foreign" accent, which is totally ridiculous.
    Different strokes, and all that. Personally I really do not care for the majority of British accents and find Hugh Laurie to be much more attractive without it. Bear in mind my entire family is English, I lived there as a child, and I had my own upper class twit accent until I managed to shake it loose, so it's not any sort of bigot thing - it's just really unappealing to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Different strokes, and all that. Personally I really do not care for the majority of British accents and find Hugh Laurie to be much more attractive without it. Bear in mind my entire family is English, I lived there as a child, and I had my own upper class twit accent until I managed to shake it loose, so it's not any sort of bigot thing - it's just really unappealing to me.
    OMG. I'm shocked. I'm such an Anglophile, that I can't imagine wanting to lose an English accent. I find them so sexy. LOL
    Katydyd and mesachick like this.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm happy to say that I will be participating in the Neilson Ratings Program! Finally, we will get a chance to say what we watch and have it count! It's going to take some time on the family's part, but is for a good cause.

I just read that the Mark Cherry "Devious Maids" pilot got picked up as a series for Lifetime. I'm kinda excited to hear that. That was one pilot that got so much early talk then just faded away. Susan Lucci is set to play "Lady of the House" where one of the maids works. And Roslyn Sanchez will play one of the maids - I like her
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. I'm shocked. I'm such an Anglophile, that I can't imagine wanting to lose an English accent. I find them so sexy. LOL
    I cant get rid of mine, and I have tried.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cant get rid of mine, and I have tried.
    Oh, you lucky one! I think there are many people who find English accents so attractive. I associate it with someone being intelligent, thoughtful, trustworthy and personable. I have always felt that way for some reason. I am also attracted to actors and muscians with English accents. (Huge fan of Robert Plant and Tom Jones, except Tom is Welsh. I think it's the same right?)

When I went to England for a trip, I felt so much at home. It was like I had returned to my home place. It was odd. Maybe in a previous life.......lol. Who knows. Most all of my ancestors on both sides have names that are English.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I just read that the Mark Cherry "Devious Maids" pilot got picked up as a series for Lifetime. I'm kinda excited to hear that. That was one pilot that got so much early talk then just faded away. Susan Lucci is set to play "Lady of the House" where one of the maids works. And Roslyn Sanchez will play one of the maids - I like her
    It may turn out to be a fun show, but the title sounds like a SNL sketch making fun of DH. What's next for Cherry, "Scheming Gardeners"? "Treacherous Pool Boys"?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It may turn out to be a fun show, but the title sounds like a SNL sketch making fun of DH. What's next for Cherry, "Scheming Gardeners"? "Treacherous Pool Boys"?
    Hmmmm....I might be interested in watching "Treacherous Pool Boys" I think "Devious Maids" is supposed to be that cheesy sounding. Well, at least I hope so! I don't necessarily have huge hopes for it, but I'm looking forward to getting the chance to check it out. Roselyn Sanchez was sort of "introduced" as her character "Carmen" when she played Carlos' new gardner in the Desperate Housewives finale.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread