+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Re: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter has really good coverage of the upfronts and the new season: Upfronts 2012 Photos, Results & Coverage - The Hollywood Reporter

They also have slide shows of all the new shows on each network:
    ABC's 2012-13 Season: 'Nashville,' '666 Park Ave' and 'Malibu Country' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    NBC's 2012-13 Season: 'Revolution,' 'The New Normal' and 'Go On' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    CBS' 2012-13 Season: 'Vegas,' 'Elementary' and 'Partners' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    The CW's 2012-13 Season: 'Carrie Diaries,' 'Arrow' and 'Cult' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    Fox's 2012-13 Season: 'The Following,' 'The Mindy Project' and 'Mob Doctor' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter

The more I see of Elementary, the more horrible it looks. I love Johnny Lee Miller, but that show will be a big NO for me. Also, based on the pic of the "Beast" in Beauty and the Beast....really? An extremely hot guy has a scar on his face and he's a beast? Our standards are a bit high, I think. Maybe they'll have him in more makeup.....

With most of the shows I'm interested in seeing, it's about the cast and not the plot.
    Thanks for this concise listing. The shows I'll sample for sure are:

ABC: 666 Park Avenue
    NBC: Revolution
    CBS: Vegas, Partners
    CW: None
    FOX: The Following (for its cast)

A definite NO for Elementary and all the shows on CW. Most of the others are maybes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    And Hawaii Five-O!! (That's my Monday night show - Castle is okay but I like The Mentalist better)

Ron Perlman will always be Vincent for me so I will skip the new version. Just like I think the new Nikita is trash so shall this remake be too.

Critical - Why do you think Elementary looks bad? I kinda like the way it looks.

I really dislike when an actor I really like is in a show I really don't want to watch and that looks like crap. Case in Point - Justin Hartley in Emily Owens, MD.
    I don't see the point of doing a new Sherlock Holmes series when the one on BBC/PBS is clearly superior. I also find it insulting that networks seem to think American audiences can't identify with or enjoy a show unless it's set in America. So, they move Sherlock Holmes to NYC and surround him with Americans. Then they change his sidekick to a cute female to bring in more viewers because everyone knows Americans have to have a hot girl in ALL shows. It's just pandering. I watched the preview and wasn't impressed. As much as I love Jonny Lee Miller, I just won't watch this one.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Shows how important this news is.

I read probably a week back that Rules of Engagement was renewed for CBS and will air as Midseason.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Shows how important this news is.

I read probably a week back that Rules of Engagement was renewed for CBS and will air as Midseason.
    I absolutely HATE this show and don't understand why it keeps getting renewed. I don't find it the least bit funny. Does anyone here like it? If so, WHY?

Initially I heard very negative reviews about Elementary, now I am hearing that it is good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I think Elementary looks like a disaster in the making. Not in small part due to my love of the BBC Sherlock series. However, beyond that...

One of my pet peeves is English and Australian actors coming to the US and taking jobs from Americans by playing Americans on TV and in Movies. Now we have a television show with an American actor doing a woefully inadequate job of playing a Brit.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I think Elementary looks like a disaster in the making. Not in small part due to my love of the BBC Sherlock series. However, beyond that...

One of my pet peeves is English and Australian actors coming to the US and taking jobs from Americans by playing Americans on TV and in Movies. Now we have a television show with an American actor doing a woefully inadequate job of playing a Brit.
    In the case of Elementary, Jonny Lee Miller will be playing Sherlock as a Brit, which is what he is.

My pet peeve is producers making British actors speak with American accents when it isn't necessary. I could never get into House because I just couldn't watch Hugh Laurie and hear him speak with that American accent. Not that it was a bad accent, it's just that it wasn't him. I guess producers think Americans won't be able to identify with a character if he or she speaks with a "foreign" accent, which is totally ridiculous.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I absolutely HATE this show and don't understand why it keeps getting renewed. I don't find it the least bit funny. Does anyone here like it? If so, WHY?
    I don't make a huge point of watching this show but I love Patrick Warburton. He never fails to make me laugh - that dry, sarcastic delivery of his makes nearly everything he says funny.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    In the case of Elementary, Jonny Lee Miller will be playing Sherlock as a Brit, which is what he is.
    He is?? I just watched the preview for the show and thought his accent was terrible!

Guess I now have to rethink him getting the role of Eli Stone.

I loved Hugh Laurie as House! Even though I had previously watched him perform in one season of Blackadder. Still, there were plenty of American actors who could have carried off the role. Why should they go without work. Try going to England and getting work as an actor. Unless you're someone like Kevin Spacey it's not going to happen. The Brits protect their jobs. Why don't we?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I don't know anything about how actors get jobs, but does it maybe have something to do with union rules being different in the UK? Are there even different unions for actors in other countries? Is it regulated?

I know when it comes to music and radio airplay, here in Canada we have CanCon (Canadian content) regulations.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread