+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Re: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

More changes here.

Mentalist moves to Sunday. I actually think that's a good fit with "The Good Wife". 2 1/2 Men moves to Thursdays. I'm not a fan of the show so it means nothing to me. And a time change--2 Broke Girls moves a 1/2 hour later.

"I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

CW is last up. I'd argue they had the most changes and made the most movement with existing shows.

ALL CAPS= NEW SHOW

MONDAY
    8/7c 90210
    9 pm Gossip Girl (THE CARRIE DIARIES takes over in January)

TUESDAY
    8 pm Hart of Dixie
    9 pm EMILY OWENS, M.D. (formerly known as First Cut)

WEDNESDAY
    8 pm ARROW
    9 pm Supernatural

THURSDAY
    8 pm The Vampire Diaries
    9 pm BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

FRIDAY
    8 pm America’s Next Top Model
    9 pm Nikita

MIDSEASON: The Carrie Diaries, Cult.

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Ringer, The Secret Circle, One Tree Hill (which aired its series finale on April 4), H8R, Remodeled and The L.A. Complex.

Source: tvline.com

I'm good with ANTM move to Fridays. Hopefully that'll show Tyra! I like Tuesday nights. Two med-type shows. I also think, as much as I question the B&theB remake, that Thursday is a good home for B&theB.

Hart of Dixie is moving to Tuesdays! I'm never home on Monday night and, although the CW is now letting Hulu show episodes, the latest ones are only available on Hulu Plus. I refuse to pay for a service that lets me watch a show on a channel I already pay for. Now I won't have to hunt around online to find the latest episode.

Some of these new shows seem much better suited to being movies and not series. I think Last Resort is a perfect example. It's a bit too Lost for me and too high concept. I can't imagine it being able to sustain the intensity of the preview I saw. I love Andre Braugher, but I don't think I'll be watching this one. Not sure I'll be watching Revolution either. It seems like another show that could be really good or could just turn into a convoluted mess.

I might check out Nashville just for the fab Connie Britton, but I'm not a country music fan and not really a Hayden Panettiere fan either. Really though, I'm not seeing on thing on Wednesday nights that I'll probably watch.

Loved the preview of Go On. Matthew Perry is so good and this one might be a hit for him, if only it wasn't opposite New Girl! Hopefully, I can watch Go On OnDemand or online later. The preview I saw for The Mindy Project was really good. I love Mindy Kaling and this one looks like a perfect pairing with New Girl.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hmm - I'm annoyed with some of the schedule moves and also that Body of Proof is getting shunted to Mid-season replacement status.

I liked The Mentalist on at 10p on Thursdays after Person of Interest and I was getting used to Supernatural on Fridays. Oh well, Criminal Minds, I'm sorry but I have to kick you to the curb for my boys.

I have been seeing the previews for Elementary. I like the look and hope Lucy Lui does well because I think her and Jonny Lee Miller could be/have a neat dynamic together.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Revolution, a JJ Abrams, production looks interesting but putting it on Monday nights against Castle?

Sorta reminds me of what the world would be after the recent version (2008) of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

If all the electricity has been off for 15 yrs how come everyone looks so clean and the clothes nicely pressed?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The Hollywood Reporter has really good coverage of the upfronts and the new season: Upfronts 2012 Photos, Results & Coverage - The Hollywood Reporter

They also have slide shows of all the new shows on each network:
    ABC's 2012-13 Season: 'Nashville,' '666 Park Ave' and 'Malibu Country' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    NBC's 2012-13 Season: 'Revolution,' 'The New Normal' and 'Go On' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    CBS' 2012-13 Season: 'Vegas,' 'Elementary' and 'Partners' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    The CW's 2012-13 Season: 'Carrie Diaries,' 'Arrow' and 'Cult' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    Fox's 2012-13 Season: 'The Following,' 'The Mindy Project' and 'Mob Doctor' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter

The more I see of Elementary, the more horrible it looks. I love Johnny Lee Miller, but that show will be a big NO for me. Also, based on the pic of the "Beast" in Beauty and the Beast....really? An extremely hot guy has a scar on his face and he's a beast? Our standards are a bit high, I think. Maybe they'll have him in more makeup.....

With most of the shows I'm interested in seeing, it's about the cast and not the plot.
    canadian_angel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter has really good coverage of the upfronts and the new season: Upfronts 2012 Photos, Results & Coverage - The Hollywood Reporter

They also have slide shows of all the new shows on each network:
    ABC's 2012-13 Season: 'Nashville,' '666 Park Ave' and 'Malibu Country' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    NBC's 2012-13 Season: 'Revolution,' 'The New Normal' and 'Go On' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    CBS' 2012-13 Season: 'Vegas,' 'Elementary' and 'Partners' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    The CW's 2012-13 Season: 'Carrie Diaries,' 'Arrow' and 'Cult' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    Fox's 2012-13 Season: 'The Following,' 'The Mindy Project' and 'Mob Doctor' Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter

The more I see of Elementary, the more horrible it looks. I love Johnny Lee Miller, but that show will be a big NO for me. Also, based on the pic of the "Beast" in Beauty and the Beast....really? An extremely hot guy has a scar on his face and he's a beast? Our standards are a bit high, I think. Maybe they'll have him in more makeup.....

With most of the shows I'm interested in seeing, it's about the cast and not the plot.

Supposedly in this version of B&B he turns into a "beast" when he gets angry. mmmmmmmmmmmm................ha ven't they done that movie at least 3 times already in the last 10 yrs? Well, at least he will be furry and not green.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Revolution, a JJ Abrams, production looks interesting but putting it on Monday nights against Castle?
    And Hawaii Five-O!! (That's my Monday night show - Castle is okay but I like The Mentalist better)

Ron Perlman will always be Vincent for me so I will skip the new version. Just like I think the new Nikita is trash so shall this remake be too.

Critical - Why do you think Elementary looks bad? I kinda like the way it looks.

I really dislike when an actor I really like is in a show I really don't want to watch and that looks like crap. Case in Point - Justin Hartley in Emily Owens, MD.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread