+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Re: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban are the 2 new judges on American Idol. It has been a rumor for weeks in Nashville that Keith Urban was going to be a judge on AI.
    As to Nicki Minja -
    As to Keith Urban - It's about time! AI has produced some decent country singers & some very good country singers. I'm glad to finally see a country singer judge.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

None of the new comedies that I've seen seem like they will make it and the only one that I even remotely like is Animal Practice and I don't hold out hope for its survival. I predict the following will be canceled, some sooner than later: Partners, Guys With Kids, Ben and Kate, The Mindy Project and The Neighbors. On the bubble: Go On and The New Normal (a poor man's Modern Family). Some may survive just so that the network doesn't have a full on bloodbath of cancellations but none of them are anything special, imo. I haven't watched any of the new dramas yet but will check out Nashville and 666 Park Ave. Wait, I did watch Revolution and didn't care for it so I won't be tuning back in. I'm finding I more enjoy cable shows like Royal Pains, Psych, Dallas, Teen Wolf, and Hot in Cleveland than I do the new stuff the network is putting out there. And I'm over Shonda Rhimes. She had such vision and creativity in the beginning of all her shows and then for some reason she progressively drags them downhill.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I'm going to give The Mindy Project a chance, because I love Mindy Kaling and because of the rough start New Girl had last season. I like Go On, but I don't love it. The New Normal is my favorite of the sitcoms I've seen so far. I watched Ben and Kate, but I found the lead actor super annoying. I'll give it another try, but I don't know if I can tolerate him.

I didn't plan on watching it, but I caught the first two episodes of The Mob Doctor OnDemand because I like Jordana Spiro and WIlliam Forsythe. I actually enjoyed it. I rolled my eyes when I first heard the concept, but I thought the acting was good and there was just enough tension to keep it interesting. I don't even know when it airs, but I'll be watching it OnDemand. Maybe it'll get canceled, but I think it has potential.

Already bored with Revolution. I turned it on and then lost interest. I muted at the commercial break to read and then just never turned the sound back on.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I like Mindy Kaling and I liked the first episode of her show. I'm liking Go On except I don't really like the group leader and somebody made the comment that she looks sort of like Courtney Cox/Monica and now I can't un-see it. I gave New Normal two episodes but it wouldn't take. Looking forward to the first episode of Elementary.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

In addition to the season premiere of Person of Interest tonight, we also have the premiere episode of Last Resort with Andre Braugher. This is another show with an interesting premise and I will at least take a look at it. It's on at 8/7 tonight and repeats at 9/8 tomorrow night.

The premise is that Braugher's character commands a nuclear submarine that receives order to fire a nuclear weapon at Pakistan. He refuses unless he gets official confirmation of the order. When that doesn't come, he and his crew are declared enemies of the state and must go on the run. From what I've read, I imagine we'll see some flashbacks.

About The Show - Last Resort - ABC.com

Then, on Sunday, we'll get the premiere episode of 666 Park Avenue
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm kind of sad to hear that I'm the only one enjoying the new comedies (some). I really like Go On. I don't mind The New Normal, Mindy Project. I don't like Animal Practice, The Neighbors, or Guys With Kids. I can't see all the comedies lasting, but hope a few of them do!

I tried Last Resort last night but I found I couldn't keep focused on it. I don't know, it's supposed to be good but I just found it harder to suspend my belief on this premise.

Got halfway through Elementary before our power went out due to a storm. I liked it - Jonny Lee Miller was so mesmerizing, I barely noticed Lucy Liu.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

So far none of the new shows have grabbed me like last season's did.
    I'm going to give them a chance, but last season Revenge, Once Upon A Time, Person of Interest, Alcatraz, Ringer & Terra Nova grabbed me at first episode & never let go.
    This season, nothing at all like that yet. Tonight 666 Park Avenue looks like it may have potential.
    Hoping for an ABC trifecta tonight.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I find that I can usually tell within 1, maybe 2, episodes if I'm going to enjoy a comedy, but it can take 3-4 episodes for a drama.

There are a few dramas that I'm finding interesting, but I'm not 100% sold on them just yet. Another viewing or two.

I just watched the first episode of Chicago Fire. I am not ashamed to say that I loved it. I do have a soft spot for anything fire fighter related, though.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread