+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Re: New shows you're looking forward to

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm looking so forward to Elementary. I loved Jonny Lee Miller on Eli Stone.
    Me too - is it wrong to say I've liked him since Hackers?
    TripleGemini and inthegarden like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Me too - is it wrong to say I've liked him since Hackers?
    Nope. I have too! I still won't be watching Elementary, but I hope he gets lots of great roles after the show gets canceled. The "Sherlock in America" concept and Lucy Liu just aren't enough for me to want to watch that show. Plus, there's already a superior Sherlock Holmes on TV, so I don't need another.

I didn't think I would watch it, but after reading so many good reviews, I may tune in for Nashville. I'm hoping my love of Connie Britton will cancel out my dislike of Hayden Panettiere.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

TV Guide gave Nashville a thumbs up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nope. I have too! I still won't be watching Elementary, but I hope he gets lots of great roles after the show gets canceled. The "Sherlock in America" concept and Lucy Liu just aren't enough for me to want to watch that show. Plus, there's already a superior Sherlock Holmes on TV, so I don't need another.

I didn't think I would watch it, but after reading so many good reviews, I may tune in for Nashville. I'm hoping my love of Connie Britton will cancel out my dislike of Hayden Panettiere.
    I hope Elementary does succeed, if only because Benedict Cumerbatch has been making snide comments about Jonny Lee Miller taking the role, and also putting down Downton Abbey.
    I've liked Miller since Hackers, too. Old school.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm hoping Nashville will succeed, simply because of the positive financial impact it will have on Nashville.

I like Jonny Lee Miller's work, too. But a present day Sherlock Holmes set in NYC with a female Dr. Watson just isn't a show I ever want to watch. I found myself enjoying Go On but I did not like The New Normal at all.

In addition to the shows I listed above, I'll probably also check out Last Resort and maybe Nashville and Vegas.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like Johnny Lee Miller but hate Lucy Liu as an actress. That alone is turning me off to Elementary. Otherwise it always feels like just another cop show.

Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban are the 2 new judges on American Idol. It has been a rumor for weeks in Nashville that Keith Urban was going to be a judge on AI.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I like Johnny Lee Miller but hate Lucy Liu as an actress. That alone is turning me off to Elementary. Otherwise it always feels like just another cop show.
    I don't like Lucy Liu very much. I will take a look - I am so fed up of getting attached to a show and then TPTB cancel it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just read that Jonathan Banks (Mike/Breaking Bad) will have a multi-episode arc on Vegas. This is enough to induce me to check out the show, which had been on my maybe list.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread