+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Re: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Lost never "lost" me; I'm still rewatching my dvd set whenever the mood strikes. I haven't yet seen the Revolution pilot and will check my On Demand to see if it's there, but my concern would be in they put storytelling behind violence and special effects. It's J. J. Abrams, which is enough for me to give it a chance, and I hope Fox also gives it a chance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Oops, sorry for the error. Revolution is, of course, on NBC, not Fox. What does bother me as I rechecked the schedule is that it airs opposite both Castle and Hawaii Five-0, so I'm going to have to figure out how to catch all three.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Lost never "lost" me; I'm still rewatching my dvd set whenever the mood strikes. I haven't yet seen the Revolution pilot and will check my On Demand to see if it's there, but my concern would be in they put storytelling behind violence and special effects. It's J. J. Abrams, which is enough for me to give it a chance, and I hope Fox also gives it a chance.
    Different strokes, I guess. If I need a schematic to keep track of what's going on with a show (or if, God forbid, I miss an episode), then I'm done. I got bored with Lost by season 3.

I'm hearing good things about Arrow. I'm looking forward to some eye candy, including John Barrowman!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Ok, is Arrow a superhero? The name sounds kind of superhero-y but I guess I only know the main ones (Spiderman et al) so I don't know if he is one of the pantheon?
    Revolution looks interesting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I watched The New Normal tonight, simply because Andrew Rannells is in it; I loved him in The Book of Mormon and I wanted to see what he left Broadway for. It seemed like a spin-off of Modern Family, with Ellen Barkin playing the same bitchy real estate agent she did on that show and another, wise beyond her years, young girl with glasses. That's not to say I won't watch it--I probably will in the same half-attention way I watch Modern Family.

I've been back and forth on watching The Mindy Project; I like her, and I want to still like her, but the previews look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I've been back and forth on watching The Mindy Project; I like her, and I want to still like her, but the previews look terrible.
    I like her too, but the first episode was not great. I'm going to give it a chance though. I was pretty unsure about New Girl early on and ended up loving it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Ok, is Arrow a superhero? The name sounds kind of superhero-y but I guess I only know the main ones (Spiderman et al) so I don't know if he is one of the pantheon?
    Revolution looks interesting.
    It's the Green Arrow. I believe he is a real comic book superhero (Justice League?) but one who is a real human person without any actual superpowers. If you watched Smallville at all, there was significant use of the Green Arrow character. I loved Justin Hartley as the Green Arrow on SV but after seeing the trailers for the new show will definitely be giving it a chance because it looks to be darker/grittier and of course, as Critical mentioned, the eye candy
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

CCL

Thanks MiaT2. Might have to check that one out.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I watched the pilot episode of Revolution last night On Demand and quite liked it. The pilot drew me in and I think it shows promise. I hadn't realized that Giancarlo Espositp was one of the stars, which for me is a definite plus.

It had a definite J.J. Abrams feel to is. Laughingly, I found myself wondering at the beginning of the show if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the flight number of the airplane that fell out of the sky might have been 815.

Saw The New Normal On Demand yesterday. Nice premise but where does it go. As for housewife NeNe her scenes felt a bit forced as we all know she is not a "real" actress she is a "reality" actress.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread