+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Common Law

Common Law

Did anyone else see this new USA summer show? I watched the pilot episode last night with much anticipation since USA character driven shows are among my favorites with only a couple of exceptions. I found this new one very entertaining and I will be back for more.

The premise is about two very talented police detectives. They are the best on the force but as so different that they are always fighting and at the beginning of the episode we learned that one of them had pulled a gun on the other. Their captain orders them into couples therapy. The therapist is played by Lost's Sonya Walger. The two detectives are played by Michael Ealy and Warrent Cole.

The pilot is repeating a few times, so if you like this type of show, I recommend taking a look.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Common Law

I have it on my DVR and will watch when I get a chance. It sounds good.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I set a season pass, so I'm sure I'll be catching up on it soon. It looked good and I like most USA shows, so I'm looking forward to it.

I thought it was good, but it didn't grab me the way, say, Fairly Legal did. I'll keep watching, but I'm also going to hope it improves.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Interesting, Critical, because Fairly Legal did not grab me at all when it began. I did stay with it and I like it better now that it's had some time to develop. Happily, this station gives us a lot from which to choose.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought it was good, but it didn't grab me the way, say, Fairly Legal did. I'll keep watching, but I'm also going to hope it improves.
    I too was grabbed by Fairly Legalso I hope I'm not disappointed.

BTW I can't find a Fairly Legal thread is there one around here somewhere?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I too was grabbed by Fairly Legalso I hope I'm not disappointed.

BTW I can't find a Fairly Legal thread is there one around here somewhere?
    Fairly Legal doesn't have a thread. You're welcome to start one

I think my issue with this show is that I'm not sure how different it is from something like Psych. I admittedly don't watch that show, but the commercials seem the same. How many mis-matched partner cop shows do we need?

I'll keep watching this show, but mainly because there's nothing else on at that time. It's just a fluffy USA drama. I like them, but this one hasn't set itself apart for me yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread