+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Don't Trust the B- in Apt. 23

Don't Trust the B- in Apt. 23

Is anyone watching this show? They've had three episodes so far and each one has had me absolutely The two lead actresses are great and "Chloe" is just outrageously awful - in the best possible way. Funniest show I've seen in a long time!
    Duxxy likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Re: Don't Trust the B- in Apt. 23

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Is anyone watching this show? They've had three episodes so far and each one has had me absolutely The two lead actresses are great and "Chloe" is just outrageously awful - in the best possible way. Funniest show I've seen in a long time!
    It's much better than I expected. Lots of LOL time. I also like that they've shown Chloe to have some humanity & caring behind all her outrageous awfulness.
    The two lead actresses & their characters work well together. It's also nice that it's on right before Revenge. I just make sure to turn the TV on a half hour earlier.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Boy, the ads completely turned me off--I've avoided it like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Boy, the ads completely turned me off--I've avoided it like the plague.
    They did me too. I'm still not sure why I ended up watching the premier. Probably nothing better to do with myself that night.
    Anyhow, give it a try. It's way better than the preview ads looked. Very funny.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I was waiting for someone to start a thread for this show. I rarely watch sitcoms. In fact, until now, the only sitcom I currently watch is Modern Family. Make that two! I love this show! Best of all, it follows the only other sitcom I watch so recording it is a breeze.
    Katydyd likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm trying to like this show but they're trying too hard for the jokes. It's so unrealistic and over-the-top, I'm not enjoying it as much as Happy Endings, New Girl, or even Whitney. This show could be cancelled today and I wouldn't miss it. Probably wouldn't even notice it was gone.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

This show cracks me up!! I absolutely adore James Van der Beek and this alter ego character he is playing too.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I didn't expect to like this show nearly as much as I do. I love Krysten Ritter, which is why I tuned in. I'm pleasantly surprised at Van Der Beek. I love that he has a sense of humor about himself, although I'm sure this character only vaguely resembles him. I saw an interview with him and he said he has told the producers to not worry about offending him. He said they should just write what they want and if they go too far, he'll let them know. So far, they haven't gone too far, he said.

I actually laughed out loud at Chloe's line in the commercial about getting an assistant - she just got a Foster child because it's free! So offensive, but so freaking funny.
    Duxxy and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

As an old Dawson's Creek fan I'd be tempted to watch just for Van Der Beek.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    As an old Dawson's Creek fan I'd be tempted to watch just for Van Der Beek.
    Give it a shot! Try it for the Beek, then stay for the laughs! Critical put it perfectly: "So offensive, but so freaking funny." It's definitely a certain kind of humor, I can see it not being for everyone...but if it clicks with you, I promise you'll be
    Uncle David likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast