+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By prhoshay
  • 1 Post By Yardgnome
  • 1 Post By mindy384

Thread: Veep (HBO)

Veep (HBO)

I watched the premiere episode of this new HBO comedy On Demand and I think episode 2 is on this week. I have it set to record. Has anyone else seen it yet?

It stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the VP of the United States and it comically exposes the political sleaziness of our government. Tony Hale of Arrested Development is also in the cast. I'll have to watch a few more episodes to see if it continues to make me laugh out loud, but the first one did.

I should warn that there is a lot of sexual discussion and innuendo there. If you don't care for that kind of content, this show is probably not for you.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Veep (HBO)

HBO re-aired the premier last night and I caught it. I do like JL-D so that's a good thing and seeing Anna Chlumsky again is wonderful She's all growed up! hahahah

I enjoyed the show and will watch again

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I really am enjoying this show--the fast dialog, the cast, the humor. I don't know how it escaped me prior to watching that it was made by the the guy who did "In the Loop" but 3 minutes in, it was obvious. I loved that movie too--check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I watched it last night, and did laugh out loud!!! Loved it and looking forward to more episodes. I see it being loosely based on that witch/idiot from Alaska.
    Florimel likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I watched this show and really enjoyed it. I love Tony Hale and was so excited to see him on another show. I laughed out loud multiple times and I'm really looking forward to new shows from this series.
    Florimel likes this.

This has turned out to be a really well-written and funny show! I love the overall edge--and the cast is great!
    Kudos for this show..no kudos for that garbage called "Girls."
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread