+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kathy (Bravo--Kathy Griffin talk show)

Kathy (Bravo--Kathy Griffin talk show)

At first I thought it was Kathy copying Chelsea.

But I will not prejudge.......needs to get rid of that song (reminds me of The Man with the two Brains whacky love song)
    You can do it!

Re: Kathy (Bravo--Kathy Griffin talk show)

I have set the DVR to record. I'll comment after I have a chance to check it out. I really like Kathy. I hope it's not like Chelsea. Chelsea was very funny a long time ago. Something happened and now I cannot stand her at all. IMO the only thing amusing about her talk show are random comments from her guest comedians.
    Uncle David and Moontat like this.

I watched the last half (didn't realize it was on) and enjoyed what I saw. I liked that she had regular people on instead of celebs. Of course, she's burned so many bridges that there probably aren't very many celebs who would go on her show!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

While I love Kathy and I loved the D List .... last night I thought was 'meh'. Bring back the D List!
    KAREN

I was left with the same first impression as Lizard -- it seemed like it was following the same formula as Chelsea Handler. And some of the editing was choppy/awkward, as if either Kathy couldn't get a point across or maybe she went further dissing someone than Bravo was comfortable with. But it was just one show, hopefully they'll shake out the bugs in the future. But it will take longer since the show is only on once a week. If Chelsea and Andy Cohen can do this sort of thing several times a week, why can't Kathy?

(Edit: Moved this thread to Non-Reality Shows)
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-20-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I love Kathy's stand up comedy, so I really was excited when, at the opening of the show, she walked over to the mike and started to do a sort of stand-up kind of opening. . . but it wasn't good, and I don't really know why. It was uncomfortable, as if she was trying too hard. And I'm in no way a prude, but I didn't appreciate all of her F bombs and inappropriate shticks. Asking one of her male staff members if he would go into her crotch and change her tampons for her (LITERALLY!!!), asking one of the guys if he had masturbated on the set yet, having one of the guys shave her armpit ----- jeez, I was cringing!!!!!!!!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I love Kathy's stand up comedy, so I really was excited when, at the opening of the show, she walked over to the mike and started to do a sort of stand-up kind of opening. . . but it wasn't good, and I don't really know why. It was uncomfortable, as if she was trying too hard. And I'm in no way a prude, but I didn't appreciate all of her F bombs and inappropriate shticks. Asking one of her male staff members if he would go into her crotch and change her tampons for her (LITERALLY!!!), asking one of the guys if he had masturbated on the set yet, having one of the guys shave her armpit ----- jeez, I was cringing!!!!!!!!
    I haven't had time to watch this yet. Thanks for the heads up. It sounds really desperate. What's wrong with Kathy?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I forgot this show was airing. Or, in an act of self-defense, my mind pushed the memory over a cliff.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Kathy was excellent tonight with Jane Fonda, Sharon Osbourne, and Lisa Ling.
    You can do it!

I have watched every episode until last night, I forgot it was on. I LOVED last week with Anderson Cooper, I love seeing that other side of him thats not so "newsy" (I work during the day and havent seen any of his daytime shows, but I catch him in the evenings sometimes on his 360 show.)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast