+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dates for Summer Series Returns

Dates for Summer Series Returns

My favorite USA cable summer shows will be back soon. Here are the return dates that I know about.

Royal Pains: June 6
    Necessary Roughness: June 6 (The only one I don't like too much)
    Burn Notice: June 14
    Suits: June 14
    Covert Affairs: July 10
    White Collar: July 10

Did anyone watch the season finale of Psych? What happened was what I was expecting, but it was an amazing and touching episode nevertheless.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Dates for USA Summer Series Returns

I don't get cable, so I hope the non-pay channels have some original series rather than cheaply done game shows. I don't care to waste any time on any "Lets beat up some contestants & laugh at them" shows.
    Although Betty White's new show .
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Re: Dates for Summer Series Returns

My favorite summer cable show is "The Glades" on A&E It premiers in June, but I don't know the exact date.....I also really like "Rizzoli and Isles" on TNT - that one starts July 11. But of course, summer just wouldn't be summer without "Big Brother"
    Florimel likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Big Brother is most definitely NOT on my list, but I do like both "The Glades" and "Rizzoli and Isles." I'm also looking forward to the next season of "Leverage," another of my most favorite shows.

There is another new USA show starting this summer that I think has a starting air date of May 11 after Fairly Legal. It's called "Common Law," and seems to have a good cast, including Michael Ealy, Warren Kole, Jack McGee, and Sonya Walger as main cast with Alicia Coppola recurring as a forensic pathologist. I will definitely be trying it out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Summer 2012 - TNT summer shows - dates and times

'Dallas': TNT Sets Reboot Premiere Date And Full Summer Schedule

Get ready to head back to Southfork ranch: TNT's "Dallas" reboot has been scheduled for the summer! The continuation of the '80s soap starring Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy bows on TNT Wed., June 13 at 9 p.m. ET. Season 1 of "Dallas" will have 10 episodes.

"The Closer" begins its final six episodes on Mon., July 9 at 9 p.m. ET. Its spinoff, "Major Crimes" starring "Battlestar Galactica's" Mary McDonnell, debuts after "The Closer" finale on Mon., Aug. 13, at 10 p.m. ET. It moves to its regular timeslot, Mondays at 9 p.m. ET, the following week. Season 1 of "Major Crimes" will consist of 10 episodes.

Other TNT summer premieres include "Leverage" Season 5 on Sun., July 15 at 8 p.m. ET; "Rizzoli & Isles" Season 3 on Tues., June 5 at 9 p.m. ET; "Franklin & Bash" Season 2 on Tues., June 5 at 10 p.m. ET; "Falling Skies" Season 2 on Sun., June 17 at 9 p.m. ET; new reality series "The Great Escape" Sun., June 24, at 10 p.m. ET; and Eric McCormack's new series "Perception" on Mon., July 9, at 10 p.m. ET.

More info on TNT's new shows below.

"Dallas" This summer, Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray reprise their famous characters as J.R., Bobby and Sue Ellen Ewing return to Southfork with secrets, schemes and betrayals. This time, they're joined by the next generation of Ewings, played by Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe, who take ambition and deception to a new level. "Dallas" also stars Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong. Shot on location in the title city, "Dallas" comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television, with premiere episode writer Cynthia Cidre and director Michael M. Robin serving as executive producers. It was developed by Cidre and created by David Jacobs.

"Major Crimes"
    This all-new drama series is ready to take television's favorite squad of detectives into bold new territory. Two-time Oscar nominee Mary McDonnell will continue her role from "The Closer" as Los Angeles Police Captain Sharon Raydor. Major Crimes will focus on how the American justice system approaches the art of the deal as law-enforcement officers and prosecutors work together to score a conviction. Joining McDonnell are fellow "Closer" veterans G.W. Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz and Phillip P. Keene, with guest appearances by Jon Tenney and Robert Gossett. New cast members include Graham Patrick Martin as a homeless juvenile and Kearran Giovanni as an ambitious undercover detective. Major Crimes is produced by The Shephard/Robin Company, in association with Warner Bros. Television, with "The Closer's" James Duff, Greer Shephard and Michael M. Robin serving as executive producers.

"Perception"
    Drama fans are about to meet one of the most unique crime solvers on television when TNT premieres this fascinating new series about an eccentric neuroscience professor who is recruited by the FBI to help solve complex cases. Emmy and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Eric McCormack stars as Dr. Daniel Pierce, who possesses an intimate knowledge of human behavior and a masterful understanding of the way the mind works. Although Pierce's mind may be brilliant, it's also damaged as he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. Perception also stars Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith and Kelly Rowan. Produced by ABC Studios, the series was created by executive producer Ken Biller and co-executive producer Mike Sussman, with McCormack serving as producer.

"The Great Escape"
    This fast-paced, nail-biting competition series drops ordinary people into the middle of their own epic action/adventure movie. Each week, Rich Eisen (NFL Total Access) hosts as teams of competitors try to find their way out of seemingly impossible situations for a chance to take home a cash prize. The series, from Fox Television Studios, is executive-produced by the Oscar-winning team of Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, as well as the Emmy-winning producers of The Amazing Race, Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri. The series is created and executive produced by Justin W. Hochberg ("The Apprentice") and Charlie Ebersol ("The Wanted").
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Big Brother starts on July 12, 2012 on CBS
    ilja likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Big Brother starts on July 12, 2012 on CBS
    I'm looking forward to Big Brother. A Summer guilty pleasure.
    I'll watch the first episode & see if any of the new contestants are fun to watch. Then I decide if it's worth investing a Summer into. They get 1 chance with me. It's make it or break it time.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Rookie Blue
    Flashpoint

both return this month (at least here in Canada)
    Duxxy likes this.

Why oh why do the scheduling execs put everything on Sunday in the summer....the finish of Game of Thrones and the start of True Blood, Extreme Makeover: the weight loss edition, Leverage, Falling Skies, The Great Escape, Copper and Longmire.

Thankfully, the cable networks run repeats and with 3 vcrs and On Demand I think I am covered. Even with a DVR with a harddrive or TiVo you will have a hard time recording everything you want to watch. Oh, USA manages to have a show or 2 on most of the week with White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Suits, Unnecessary Roughness, Fairly Legal and Common Law. Lets not forget Lifetimes Drop Dead Diva and ABC Family's Jane By Design.

Thankfully, I have 2 seasons of Walking Dead to catch up on and that will take care of Thursday and Friday.

Oh, don't forget the Olympics.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Most interested in ROYAL PAINS, but I think I'll try to give COVERT AFFAIRS another shot. Thought I'd love that show, since Christopher Gorham was in it, but I could never really get into it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast