+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dates for Summer Series Returns

Re: Dates for Summer Series Returns

I love the Olympics & look forward to spending my Summer glued to the TV watching them. The Summer Olympics are the best too.
    justCoz, Little Sew&Sew and Debb70 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I agree Miss Scarlet. I'll be most interested in watching Michael Phelps and the ladies of the gymnastic teams. Always get a kick out of the opening ceremonies when they announce those tiny little countries who've sent fewer people than are living in my house!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm looking forward to a lot of the TNT and USA shows, but especially Suits! Gabriel Macht =

Did anyone else watch White Heat on BBCAmerica last night? I thought it was pretty good.
    White Heat” charts the lives of seven flatmates and their relationships with one another. Charlotte, Lilly, Alan, Jay, Orla, Victor and Jack, who once shared a flat in Tufnell Hill in the 1960s as students, have since reunited after word that one of them has passed away.

Set in the backdrop of a world on the brink of change, “White Heat” takes us for a political, social and emotional joy ride through the late 20th century’s most compelling decades, while also examining the complex, volatile, life-affirming and life-changing events for the seven friends. The cast of characters include the rebel with a cause Jack, played by Sam Claflin (“Snow White and the Huntsman”), the beautiful artist Lilly, played by MyAnna Buring (“The Twilight Saga,” “The Descent”) and the radiant and fierce Charlotte, played by Claire Foy (“Upstairs Downstairs,” “Little Dorrit”).

The mini-series, written and created by Paula Milne, (“The Virgin Queen,” “I Dreamed of Africa”) is somewhat autobiographical, focusing heavily on the women’s movement. “What women went through in the ’60s was seismic. So I wanted to show that, because you don’t often see it,” she told The Guardian in 2012.

The executive producers for ITV Studios are Paula Milne and Kate Bartlett and the executive producer for the BBC is Lucy Richer.

“White Heat” premieres Wednesday, May 9 at 10/9c, part of BBC America’s Dramaville.
    They're not mentioned in that write-up, but the show also stars Lindsay Duncan, who some might remember as Servilia from Rome and Tamsin Greig, who I love. Jeremy Northam and Juliet Stevenson are also in the cast.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am so ready for Suits, Franklin and Bash and necessary roughness to be back. Ooh and Falling Skies.
    Duxxy likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

It is fascinating that in the last few years Summer has become a season; not re-runs.

I've been catching up on Angel (first season 1999) and it included 23 episodes. The average show now has what...12-15 average? And the summer season usually runs to 10 episodes. The Donald's theme song, "Money, Money, Money...Money," runs through my head.

Wasn't The Great Escape originally conceived as an interactive internet type of Amazing Race for Fox? I know I saw some commercials for it during American Idol. Anyway, this may take the place of that outdoor adventure series from last summer.

I, too, look forward to the summer cable shows - especially TNT and USA. What with the Olympics, it is going to be a couch potato summer for me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It is fascinating that in the last few years Summer has become a season; not re-runs.

I've been catching up on Angel (first season 1999) and it included 23 episodes. The average show now has what...12-15 average? And the summer season usually runs to 10 episodes. The Donald's theme song, "Money, Money, Money...Money," runs through my head.

Wasn't The Great Escape originally conceived as an interactive internet type of Amazing Race for Fox? I know I saw some commercials for it during American Idol. Anyway, this may take the place of that outdoor adventure series from last summer.

I, too, look forward to the summer cable shows - especially TNT and USA. What with the Olympics, it is going to be a couch potato summer for me.
    I think the average is brought down because so many cable shows - basic and pay - usually have shorter seasons. Most shows that aren't mid-season replacements have the usual 18-24 episodes. For instance, Grey's Anatomy has 24 episodes this season and so does Modern Family. Fringe has 22 episodes and Supernatural has 23 this season. I think it's because the mid-season and cable shows often have 10-12 that it seems like all of them are shorter.

We may or may not see Glass House any time soon. CBS is suing ABC because it's basically a ripoff of Big Brother. They may have a case - 19 former BB employees are working on this new show! Plus, it does sound exactly like BB.
    ‘Big Brother’ net CBS sues ABC over ‘Glass House’ - The TV Column - The Washington Post
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm so shallow. Looking forward to Wipeout and the big red balls.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

I'm not finding much that interest me on this summer. Hmmm......I'll have to investigate and find something new. This might be a good time to purchase The Unit Box set and start at the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I am so ready for Suits, Franklin and Bash and necessary roughness to be back. Ooh and Falling Skies.
    Do you know when Suits & Franklin and Bash start again?

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Do you know when Suits & Franklin and Bash start again?
    Go to TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource and check the summer gird. It should have all the shows and start times on it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast