+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1192
Like Tree1029Likes

Thread: Live! with Kelly and Ryan

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Live! with Kelly and Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I heard that Kelly's ratings are down from last year at this time. According to Enews they have been continually dropping since Ryan was brought in.

Watching Fred Savage on todays show just proves that they missed the mark with hiring him. He is hilarious and can take second fiddle to Kelly. Where Ryan seems to be fighting for the spotlight. Plus, his life does not interest me TBH
    I'm sorry to hear that their ratings are dropping --- I, for one, am really enjoying the show for the FIRST time ever! I never much cared for Regis or Kathy Lee, and as much as I have always enjoyed Kelly, I was bored and uninterested in Michael Strahan.

Yes, Fred Savage would've been a really good choice --- but I'm really enjoying Kelly and Ryan's co-host-ship (sorry -- I just made up a word ). I hope their ratings start to grow, and if nothing else, I think they'll really climb when American idol gets closer to airing!

FORT Fogey

I just caught a few minutes of Fred and agree that he is a charmer.
    combatcutie and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I heard that Kelly's ratings are down from last year at this time. According to Enews they have been continually dropping since Ryan was brought in.

Watching Fred Savage on todays show just proves that they missed the mark with hiring him. He is hilarious and can take second fiddle to Kelly. Where Ryan seems to be fighting for the spotlight. Plus, his life does not interest me TBH
    My thought exactly! He's so enthusiastic, appealing, and so much fun ... they had him stay through three segments. He really lit up the entire show. He's a great story-teller, which Ryan is not. I never watched American Idol, so I don't have any residual love for Ryan from that. I mostly just hear him on the radio once in a while, which is a whole different gig. I find him very uninteresting on Live. Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to work very hard because he's so well-known, but I find him boring, and he adds nothing to the show for me but his name. I was looking forward to watching today because Fred was going to be on, and he did not disappoint!
    combatcutie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Heard that Ryan will return to AI---it was announced on LIVE.

Imperfect1 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I'm glad Ryan will be back! American Idol just wouldn't be the same without him ---- although, over at America's Got Talent, as much as I thought Nick Cannon was a fabulous host, Tyra's doing a bang up job!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

I watched the show Tues and Wed since theywere advertising it as the retooled LIVE WITH KELLy AND RYAN. The intro and the graphics were new but the show itself was the same old, same old....Non- dancers dancing, the telephone trivia etc.

While I don't watch the show and will not now that I see there is nothing new, I really don't like the talk of Kelly vs Kelly when Megan's show intros at the end of the month in this same time slot. Much ado about Megan just as the Sundy night show was trumpeted and the rating were low.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    While I don't watch the show and will not now that I see there is nothing new, I really don't like the talk of Kelly vs Kelly when Megan's show intros at the end of the month in this same time slot. Much ado about Megan just as the Sundy night show was trumpeted and the rating were low.
    What???? Please explain. I'm confused.

FORT Fogey

Meghan Kelly's talk show is debuting at the end of the month in the same time slot as Kelly Ripa. As usual, TV people are making it a head-to-head duel even though each woman appeals to a different audience. It is stupid and annoying to make it seem as though there is some rivalry between them. I also am even a less fan of MK than I am of KR and think that for publicity too much is being made of her talk show...especially since her Sundy night show was nothing special in content or ratings...but apparently somebody loves her and wants to make more of her show than it perhaps deserves.

Hope I was clearer this time...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Meghan Kelly's talk show is debuting at the end of the month in the same time slot as Kelly Ripa. As usual, TV people are making it a head-to-head duel even though each woman appeals to a different audience. It is stupid and annoying to make it seem as though there is some rivalry between them. I also am even a less fan of MK than I am of KR and think that for publicity too much is being made of her talk show...especially since her Sundy night show was nothing special in content or ratings...but apparently somebody loves her and wants to make more of her show than it perhaps deserves.

Hope I was clearer this time...sorry
    Very! Thanks, Ibot2much. I didn't know about KR's new show, so that's interesting news to me. I doubt that I'll be watching it very often, but if she doesn't shove her political views down our throats, and if she has some interesting guests, I may tune in.

+ Reply to Thread