+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108109110111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1192
Like Tree1029Likes

Thread: Live! with Kelly and Ryan

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Live! with Kelly and Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I never forget that way before she was a talk show host, she was an actress. She was all lovey-dovey with Michael, too, until she wasn't ... and none of that was even his fault.
    But I think that happens on most talk shows, the view changes hosts regularly. I watch ( not all the time) Kelly and Ryan because its just a fluffy lighthearted show..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But I think that happens on most talk shows, the view changes hosts regularly. I watch ( not all the time) Kelly and Ryan because its just a fluffy lighthearted show..
    The View has historically gotten rid of hosts for two reasons: either they're not doing a good job, or because they develop a huge ego and are hard to get along with behind the scenes (or even on stage). Just about every time they've gotten rid of someone, they first deny all rumors that anything is wrong. At least some of that (except for not doing a good job, although I'm aware that is a judgment call) could very well apply here. Kelly ruined the fluffiness and lightheartedness of the show by her very public snit fit, impromptu "vacation," and then dissing Michael on stage in that bit about him being divorced while she has been happily married. She changed the whole mood of the show for me, like everyone had to walk on eggshells around her and kiss her behind.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 05-13-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have been watching, I don't see any trouble in paradise, or this show. I admit I'm not looking for it, but they sure make an easy to watch couple.
    Totally agree, Fanny Mare. I think the shows with Ryan have been GREAT. And they both seem SO HAPPY to be there together. That surprises me every day!!!

But I do I think this is a completely different situation than with Michael Strahan --- From what's been reported, Ryan has been CLOSE FRIENDS with Kelly and Mark for many years. So I think that fact alone is a completely different situation than with Michael --- although I do get your point, Always Veg, about how Kelly 'acted' with Michael. But I disagree that it was all Kelly's fault. There was a lot of talk about how demanding (and rude) Michael was to the 'Live' staff -- especially to Gelman, who runs the show. So Michael's no angel either.

Actually, almost all of these people have such giant egos --- so nothing they do or say surprises me very much any more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Totally agree, Fanny Mare. I think the shows with Ryan have been GREAT. And they both seem SO HAPPY to be there together. That surprises me every day!!!

But I do I think this is a completely different situation than with Michael Strahan --- From what's been reported, Ryan has been CLOSE FRIENDS with Kelly and Mark for many years. So I think that fact alone is a completely different situation than with Michael --- although I do get your point, Always Veg, about how Kelly 'acted' with Michael. But I disagree that it was all Kelly's fault. There was a lot of talk about how demanding (and rude) Michael was to the 'Live' staff -- especially to Gelman, who runs the show. So Michael's no angel either.

Actually, almost all of these people have such giant egos --- so nothing they do or say surprises me very much any more!!!
    Well I was never a Michael fan, so I didn't watch very often. I thought he found fake very easy to do. ...each to their own.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Since I have no idea what Michael is like on a daily basis in his personal life, I can't say he was being fake on the show. The issue is not how he might have treated the staff or Gelman (although I would guess that he was not dumb enough to be rude to someone who could fire him), what I was referring to was Kelly's snit-fit about not being given enough advance notice that he was being moved to GMA and then taking some of her anger out at Michael when he was no doubt prohibited from telling anyone, even her. He was not trying to hurt her in any way. It was ABC that kept the news from her, not Michael. At least on stage for his tenure on the show, I saw him as a very supportive cohost rather than someone exercising his ego, somewhat similar to how Kelly used to be with Regis, and then Regis left and she got the notion that the show could not go on without her. Not even Johnny Carson or Letterman had that kind of ego. Two giant egos side by side on stage make for a very unpleasant viewing experience for me, so I don't watch anymore.
    tinderbox and jeanne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Since I have no idea what Michael is like on a daily basis in his personal life, I can't say he was being fake on the show. The issue is not how he might have treated the staff or Gelman (although I would guess that he was not dumb enough to be rude to someone who could fire him), what I was referring to was Kelly's snit-fit about not being given enough advance notice that he was being moved to GMA and then taking some of her anger out at Michael when he was no doubt prohibited from telling anyone, even her. He was not trying to hurt her in any way. It was ABC that kept the news from her, not Michael. At least on stage for his tenure on the show, I saw him as a very supportive cohost rather than someone exercising his ego, somewhat similar to how Kelly used to be with Regis, and then Regis left and she got the notion that the show could not go on without her. Not even Johnny Carson or Letterman had that kind of ego. Two giant egos side by side on stage make for a very unpleasant viewing experience for me, so I don't watch anymore.
    I liked him when he was first on, then, for me, he changed. The reason I stopped The View, two giant egos Joy, Whoopi. I don't think Raven, and the rest they let go stood a chance with these two. Thank goodness none of them came to Canada when they threatened.

Anyway, I think perhaps there is a show for everyone. We all like different things.
    jeanne likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Ryan Seacrest confuses Jeffrey Tambor with another actor:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/ryan-seacre...170135566.html

Children among 22 dead in 'sickening' Manchester attack, threat level remains 'severe': UK Prime Minister - ABC News

I was really looking to Kelly and Ryan this morning, and while I did think Kelly did a great job of conveying her feelings as a mom, I really wanted more from Ryan. His work all these years has been to basically promote young singers and their work/concerts, so I thought he would be rattled to the core, and he'd want to share with us the depth of what he is feeling and his views on how this might affect the music community as a whole.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

FORT Fogey

I think you've hit the nail on the head of what is going to be a stumbling block for Ryan on a show like this. He's succeeded as much as he has in large part by presenting himself as a blank canvas that everyone can attach a personality to. He does not share a great deal about his personal life - instead he just asks questions and pulls personality out of other people. Much like a politician, people like him because he doesn't express himself, so everyone can assume that he's like them. But a show like Live is built on the personality of the hosts. At some point, people will start noticing he doesn't offer much of himself, will feel like they don't really know him, and he risks starting to lose his appeal. Neutral can't serve you well in all situations.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I heard that Kelly's ratings are down from last year at this time. According to Enews they have been continually dropping since Ryan was brought in.

Watching Fred Savage on todays show just proves that they missed the mark with hiring him. He is hilarious and can take second fiddle to Kelly. Where Ryan seems to be fighting for the spotlight. Plus, his life does not interest me TBH
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread