+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What do you think of Donny Osmond as co-host? I know he does a musical show in Vegas now with Marie, but who knows how long that will last. The last I heard, they were on their last year under contract and Marie has a talk show coming on soon on the Hallmark channel.

He's friendly. He knows lots of people in the entertainment business. He's been in show biz for over 50 years.
    He's a family man. He can sing, dance and entertain. He can do live performances to promote the show. He has wide name recognition. I also think he has a big fan base from women who were fans as kids.

Just speculating. I think a co-host with musical talent would be a plus, whether it's with Donny or someone else.
    I never watched Donny and Marie so only only know him outside that venue and I like him. He may be too bright and sharp though. The chemistry with Regis was her straight man to his bumbling and vise versa. She may need more of a character. I haven't watched the show in a long time so her manner may have changed.

FORT Fan

Yuck Mario Lopez, it just keeps getting worse. I never thought I'd miss Regis but he's not had much competition since leaving.
    Uncle David and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I would absolutely NOT watch if Donny was chosen as co-host. I cannot stomach that man. He grates on my very last nerve and makes me want to poke my eyes out with a needle
    Please tell us how you REALLY feel, CC! LOL.

Has he ever guest-hosted? I'd have to see his dynamic with Kelly, but I suppose it could work. He's just so cheesy sometimes, though, and so is Marie. I wish they would broaden their pool of applicants, though. I would be fine never seeing Josh Groban, Jerry O'Connell, Kevin McHale, Chris Harrison, Mario Lopez, Howie Mandel, or any sports guy again. I'm sure there are more, but they're so forgettable that I forgot them. Possibilities I like so far are Dana Carvey, Seth Myer, and Alec Baldwin.

Donny and Marie had a talk show on many years ago, (they had a one hour variety show too). The talk show didn't last long. Marie was pregnant and suffered PPD after giving birth. They've come a long way since then.

I get it that some people don't like Donny. I fell in love with him as a child. (He was a kid too.) Once you have that kind of idle, it stays with you. LOL I do get that others may not share my effection. I attended a few concerts of the Osmonds years ago and hoped that their popularity had faded and I could walk in easily and get a front row seat, as it was festival seating at the time. OMG. Huge crowds and I almost got run over. I was pushed through a turnstyle and bruised my ribs. It was crazy. I hope I didn't hurt anybody. Just kidding. I did get front row though. LOL

Alec look at my temper Baldwin

no way!
    JunkieGirl and Uncle David like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wasn't there talk sometime ago about Jeff Probst being interested in doing this show? I know he continues with Survivor, which seems to still do well in the ratings, and that may be why nothing developed. He would be good eye candy..........!!!
    Last edited by Coco46; 04-25-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Jesse Palmer is a tool. They had no chemistry what so ever. Plus Kelly has developed Rachael Ray-itis. She loves to talk especially about herself, and acts like a know it all. She has become quite annoying. I like when Dana Carvey is on, also Jeff Probst and Anderson Cooper. Too bad the latter have their own gig going on.

Don't miss Regis at all. I like him as much as I like Barbara Walters. Pompous old man.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow --- no wonder they're having such a hard time finding a replacement for Regis (who was soooooooo annoying!!!!). Clearly, no one seems perfect for the job. There have been a few guys that I've enjoyed in the co-host role more than I thought I would, like Josh Groban and Jesse Palmer. And I would love to see Donny Osmond do it.

But I think my real vote would go to my very favorite, Mark Consuelos, who is charming and delightful in his own right (and did I mention gorgeous!!!!), and has fabulous chemistry with his wife Kelly. He also keeps her in check, in a deliciously cute, funny, warm, loving way. I think they'd be great together on the show. Short of that, I still think a weekly co-host (both guys and gals) would be the next best solution. Then we'd ALL be both satisfied and annoyed --- but only for a week at a time.
    nanarama likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really like Mark Consuelos, and I really enjoy the chemistry that he and Kelly have as a public couple. But I would NOT want to see him as a permanent co-host, for exactly the same reason I never would have wanted to see Joy Philbin as a permanent co-host with Regis. To see the spouse on the show every now and then, and add in some talk about family and what they did the night before is fun. But i think it would be terribly boring to listen to that day in and day out. Have you ever been out with a married couple when you were on your own? You know how the converstation can fall into them speaking in shorthand, basically taking care of family business, and you feel like a left out third wheel? That's how I think the show would be if a married couple hosted it every day. I like the idea of teaming Kelly with someone in a different walk of like from her. To me, the fun with her and Regis (and even Kathie Lee with Regis) was that thier lives were very different. Regis was sending his daughters off to college while Kathie Lee was having babies. Regis was becoming a grandfather while Kelly was raising toddlers. Now that Kelly's kids are getting a little older, I think it would be nice if she had a co-host who was either older and becoming a grandfather, or perhaps just entering into fatherhood. Having a bit of a contrast is fun to me, instead of two people basically doing the same things and sharing the same stories all the time.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Well Matthew Brokderick was host today and he is starting to raise his children.....that allowed Kelly to tell him ALL about the things he would be facing in raising children allowing her to go on and on about her own yet again.

He had NO personality. I noticed during the interviews Kelly took the center chair whereas she had kept the outside chair previously. Since MB offered NOTHING and I mean NOTHING during the GM interview( which is why I did watch today), we can cross him off the list since we was a disaster.
    nanarama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread