+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

One that I'm praying it is NOT: Ryan Seacrest!
    Debb70 likes this.

Ryan doesn't have time
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Ryan also doesn't have any reason to demote his status to being part of a duo. It's fine for something like E! News where he's clearly the big name. But if he had to be an equal partner with someone on any show, I think it would be seen as a step down for him at this point.

FORT Fogey

Supposedly he was being considered to replace Matt Lauer, before NBC gave Lauer a huge raise to stay on. Don't know if it's true, but I read that Seacrest was in talks with NBC about being co-anchor of the Today Show before Lauer decided to stay. He would have been 1/2 of a duo there, and really 1/4 of the team. I think most of these people will do anything if the money is right.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I don't know about people who work with CC, but my daughter ran into him years ago waiting for a plane in a tiny airport. She spoke to him nervously and he was scathing in his response. I'm sure being recognized gets old, but it wasn't as though there were tons of fans around making his life miserable. I have NOT been a fan of his ever since. I aso feel that how people act on a time such as this reveals their true character.

One other thing I noticed during the search for a co-host to replace Kathy-Lee, it was clear when Kelly was on that she was right one for the for the job. I don't think anyone has been a clear choice yet to take Regis place.

Not Michael Strahan for me. I like him, but only in small doses. I did enjoy Mike Greenberg a few days ago. I find him to be personable, intelligent, and very experienced interviewer. On the other hand, I doubt he'll be able to do it unless he gives up Mike and Mike In the Morning, which is on radio and on ESPN2 tv every day during the week.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    One that I'm praying it is NOT: Ryan Seacrest!
    Sorry, AlwaysVeg, I could accept pretty much anyone EXCEPT Michael Strahan (and Bryant Gumball)!!! My dream co-host would be Mark Consuelos --- love him and love their chemistry together. But I still like my own suggestion of a regular weekly variation of co-hosts, with lots of women included too. Talk about going outside the box. The show would be constantly fresh and interesting, and would allow for those stars who are really busy with other projects, to come on as co-host in their down time.

FORT Fogey

I think they need to go out to some of the smaller markets and find a person who is doing a local show. These current cohosts are being recycled since Regis left. If they weren't fabulous the first few times, they are not going to get any better.

I remember MAtt Lauer from doing a local show in Providence, so that is where the talent is being developed.....not the way Gelman is doing it **YAWN**

The best part of the old Regis and Kelly show, IMO, was the first 15 minutes. I liked Regis announcing the newspaper headlines, Kelly commenting, then Kelly giving a little celebrity news update and then the two of them talking about what they had done the previous night, whether it was dining with Tony Bennett, going to a baby shower for Sara Jessica Parker or vacationing in the Hamptons. I'm not sure why that appealed to me, but it did. When it came to guest......it lost me. Often Regis didn't really know who they were and they got most of the facts wrong about the celebs CD, tv show or movie. LOL And, I liked the Halloween show.
    Uncle David likes this.

FORT Fogey

I liked the new co host today---- Jesse Palmer. They had him listed as a former NFL player, but when I read the bio he was a Bachelor..... But even though I refuse to watch that show, I thought he was good and comfortable with what they had him do.

I agree Deb that the best part was the host chat....I only stayed beyond that when there was really somebody I wanted to see. The game part was always a fiasco with the telephone not ringing or something. Took Gelman a LONG time before he agreed to change how they called people

+ Reply to Thread