+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 646474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 577
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

  1. #551
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,837

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There are all kinds of recent shake-ups at GMA. I'm glad they are getting Michael (at least part-time) to help out.
    I heard that Josh went in thinking he was going to get 10 million like Robin did and they offered him 5 million instead and the next thing I see is that he's not on the show anymore. He's going to NBC sports or something.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  2. #552
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    He's going to NBC sports for the next six months because his contract forbids himto work for a competitor's news division for that amount of time. After that, he's expected to move over to NBC news. I read today that he has his eyes on Matt Lauer's job. It sounds like he's someone who went from obscurity to a little success and that success gave him delusions of grandeur.
    combatcutie and tinderbox like this.

  3. #553
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    Michael Strahan said, this morning on Live with Kelly and Michael, that he will be appearing on GMA and Live.

    However, the way he relayed the information was a bit weird. He and Kelly came on to the set, at the beginning of their show, and she began to question him about the rumors that were going around about him interviewing/meeting with GMA. It was the way she posed the questions and the way he answered them that caused me to pause. They both seemed nervous and a tad off center with the entire conversation. I'd love to hear what a body language expert thought about their exchange. As I implied, it seemed that they were both uncomfortable.

  4. #554
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,475

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    GMA had a great thing going with Josh, Robin and Sam Champion. Two jump ship within months. Not good.

    I really liked Josh but I also heard there were tensions between him and Robin? OMG if you can't get along with Robin, there must be something wrong with you. That's kind of disappointing.

    In the all talk shows thread I posted the Q scores of all the daytime hosts, Robin is at the top with a high Q score, followed by Sam, then Josh. Strahan also has a high Q score, so it's no wonder that they're grabbing on to him. I wonder how long his contract is with Kelly & Michael?

    I wonder if Michael was uncomfortable because it seemed to happen very quickly? Talks with Josh Elliott broke down Sunday night. By Monday morning he was gone. Negotiating with Michael can be kind of tricky. His test run almost took a year didn't it? So he gets the job and now ABC wants him for more, no time to really sit and talk it over, plus he probably feels loyal to Kelly as well. I don't think he even had a chance to even envision being part of the number 1 morning show, because Kelly & Michael was probably a big deal to him at the time.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  5. #555
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    923

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    I loved Josh & Robin on GMA because they talked sports among the other topics. It was the perfect morning mix! Actually that whole team, including Sam, George, and Lara was just the right combination. I do like Strahan, and think he'll do a good job on GMA. Who knows what his aspirations are???? Maybe he has always wanted to be a morning news anchor!

  6. #556
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,897

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    I read that Josh left not because of the money, but because he had more room for advancement at NBC. I'm not sure I buy that. But, that involves the money issue too.

    I guess there is room for Michael to advance so Kelly may end up needing to replace him eventually. Maybe she's worried she can't carry the show anymore.

  7. #557
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read that Josh left not because of the money, but because he had more room for advancement at NBC. I'm not sure I buy that. But, that involves the money issue too.

    I guess there is room for Michael to advance so Kelly may end up needing to replace him eventually. Maybe she's worried she can't carry the show anymore.
    Times have changed. There aren't as many people, in general, who stick with jobs long term as their used to be....especially on tv. Regis held down the show for over 20 years. Kelly's been co hosting for over 13 years. That's not the norm. I can totally see Michael leaving LIVE and moving forward with a full time role on GMA. I think his second year anniversary with abc/LIVE will come in September. I'd love to know how long his contract runs. IF it was a two year stint, I can see him moving away from LIVE.

    How can any one person work three tv gigs?? Michael Strahan hosts a NFL football game commentary show from August through the Super Bowl and he's flying all over the country to do so. He also cohosts LIVE every week day, from New York, and now a part time job on GMA. Doesn't he also have a residence in L.A. to live in/maintain? My point is, no matter how physically strong a person is, it would take a huge toll to manage all three of these jobs. My guess is he'll leave one of them and I'm thinking it will be LIVE. However, it could be the football job because that's the one that takes him all over the country....on a Sunday.

  8. #558
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,135

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    I am guessing that the GMA studio and the LIVE studios are close by so that isn't a huge leap seeing him doing both.

    When he does the football in season, I did notice that the Friday and/or Monday LIVE shows have been pretaped.

    He is smart to take the money while it is being offered.

  9. #559
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I am guessing that the GMA studio and the LIVE studios are close by so that isn't a huge leap seeing him doing both.

    When he does the football in season, I did notice that the Friday and/or Monday LIVE shows have been pretaped.

    He is smart to take the money while it is being offered.
    I didn't realize they pretaped the Monday and Friday shows from August (pre season games) thru early February (Super Bowl). Interesting! Don't think they should call the show LIVE.

    GMA is taped inside and outside of a studio in Times Square directly across the street from Bubba Gumps Restaurant.

    LIVE isn't taped in a studio near Times Square. (I can't tell you how many miles apart they are but I know it isn't close.)
    Last edited by tinderbox; 04-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.

  10. #560
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,475

    Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

    Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Times have changed. There aren't as many people, in general, who stick with jobs long term as their used to be....especially on tv. Regis held down the show for over 20 years. Kelly's been co hosting for over 13 years. That's not the norm. I can totally see Michael leaving LIVE and moving forward with a full time role on GMA. I think his second year anniversary with abc/LIVE will come in September. I'd love to know how long his contract runs. IF it was a two year stint, I can see him moving away from LIVE.

    How can any one person work three tv gigs?? Michael Strahan hosts a NFL football game commentary show from August through the Super Bowl and he's flying all over the country to do so. He also cohosts LIVE every week day, from New York, and now a part time job on GMA. Doesn't he also have a residence in L.A. to live in/maintain? My point is, no matter how physically strong a person is, it would take a huge toll to manage all three of these jobs. My guess is he'll leave one of them and I'm thinking it will be LIVE. However, it could be the football job because that's the one that takes him all over the country....on a Sunday.
    That's one thing I abhor about the entertainment industry. When they find a person who is hugely popular or likeable then they have to be hosting everything they can. Ryan Seacrest was one. There are other people just waiting for the opportunity, spread the jobs around. Don't be so greedy and take every job available. There is a problem with spreading yourself too thin. Then you see them everywhere and over-saturation takes place.

    Not to mention that between Michael and Nicole they have 9 children! That's 9 jobs in itself.

    I liked the GMA morning crew, now it's basically The View with George along for the ride. No thanks. Lara and Ginger were tolerable only because of the ensemble, I have no interest in watching now. Won't go over to Today, I'll just sleep in.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.