Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

I liked her hair, she looked cute
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    She's starting to get on my nerves a la Kathie Lee ... and that's bad!
    Haha, the funny thing is, is that now I actually turn the channel to catch Kathie Lee and Hooda when Kelly & Michael comes on! I used to dislike Kathie Lee a lot but as she has aged she has gained more self awareness--something Kelly can use. Her hair cut is very cute but it accentuates her thinness, she looks like a 12 year old girl, and it is not her natural body weight. I have a tough time watching and supporting a host who has an apparent health issue/obsession with thinness, and trying to ignore it. It's kind of like saying it's ok when it's really not.
    ibot2much and AlwaysVeg like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Yes...We did hear about her issue with her hair (ad nauseum)...she had to cut it in four stages in order to get it where it is today.
    I know, right? I was sick of hearing about it and I rarely watch the show. I still say the woman suffers from ODSSI... Over Developed Sense of Self Importance.

It's hair! Cut it! Don't cut it! But put it in perspective.... it's HAIR..

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

I don't really fault Kelly for talking about her hair. It's somewhat her job. A lot of host chat requires them to talk about themselves. There are times she can overshadow Michael by making his stories about her. There are also times when she makes interviews about her and that's annoying. But she's got to make some of host chat about her.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't really fault Kelly for talking about her hair. It's somewhat her job. A lot of host chat requires them to talk about themselves. There are times she can overshadow Michael by making his stories about her. There are also times when she makes interviews about her and that's annoying. But she's got to make some of host chat about her.
    I know what it feels like when I have a bad hair day, and I am not in front of a camera.LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know what it feels like when I have a bad hair day, and I am not in front of a camera.LOL
    I agree, but I also do not have a team of people who pick out my wardrobe, dress me, apply my make up AND do my hair.

All I'm saying is Kelly needs to keep her hair in perpective. Yes, talk about it but it can be PART of who you are and what you care about without being ALL. I'm ok standing alone on this one cuz I'm fine with disagreement but IMO the woman is truly self absorbed. I mean, if it is all about you all of the time it just makes you a very dull person.

JMO... carry on

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Read back M. and you will see you are NOT alone on this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I can't believe that it has been a year since they announced Michael as the the new host of the show. I will be honest that I was NOT happy with their decision, but as the year went on, he grew on me. I have noticed he has gotten more comfortable and enjoyable. I think they have great chemistry and do a good job keeping us entertained
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I can't believe that it has been a year since they announced Michael as the the new host of the show. I will be honest that I was NOT happy with their decision, but as the year went on, he grew on me. I have noticed he has gotten more comfortable and enjoyable. I think they have great chemistry and do a good job keeping us entertained
    I have to agree. I also didn't know his Nichole, is Eddie Murphy's ex,. I think she is stunning. I enjoy this show now and then, he is adorable
    combatcutie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I like that they're dressing Kelly in a much more sophisticated and and stylish way this season. I couldn't stand all those schoolgirl white blouses paired with pencil skirts she was wearing before. I think her more mature new hairdo spurred the change. One thing that gets on my nerves, though, is that stilted little walk-dance they do out onto the stage. I don't have any suggestions as to what would be a better way for them to come out and take their seats unless they just walk in a more natural manner, and I do like how Michael always pulls out her chair. Have you noticed how many times he puts his hand on her thigh? Just saying......

+ Reply to Thread