+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That was probaby because she was pregnant!
    I'm pretty sure she was pregnant in that picture, mainly because her roots are really showing and she would not dye her hair while pregnant. Kelly mentioned this several times while she was on the show with Regis.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

She doesn't hide the fact that she was pregnant when she married Mark. Do the math - her oldest is 17, and she got married 17 years ago. I remember all that hooha about her roots showing when she was on AMC, and how they tried to hide her pregnancy in various somewhat funny ways.

The problem with Kelly Ripa is that she's lost all her humility. She's become totally fake, condescending, and predictable.

REF Kelly and Mark in their wedding day photo. She wasn't pregnate when they got married. They were married on May 1, 1996 and her first child was born on June 2, 1997, almost a year later.

I have no issue with Kelly talking about Mark or her kids, except when she said she had a favorite child. That was rather cold, but when I heard her obsess one day over the fact she had splurged on a handful of Goldfish (snack crackers), I was floored. I don't think she realized how pathetic it appeared for a lady who barely weighs 100 pounds to go on and on over how horrible she felt pigging out on a handful of Goldfish. It might have been 100 calories max. IMO, that is major sign something is not right.

FORT Fogey

I don't know about those dates because I've read and heard interviews with her in which she said she was pregnant when they got married.

I don't know about those dates because I've read and heard interviews with her in which she said she was pregnant when they got married.
    I don't know. I found those dates on two different sources. Here are the links:

Kelly Ripa - Biography
    Kelly Ripa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They could be wrong or maybe Kelly was confused.

FORT Fogey

I believe you, Debb. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the date of elopement could have been fudged. No one was there but them.

I believe you, Debb. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the date of elopement could have been fudged. No one was there but them.
    That's right. The source could be wrong for them both. You can't believe everything you read! lol
    Or maybe Kelly was trying to make a good story. I do think she often embelishes things for her story to be more grande than it is. lol Really. I mean, maybe she didn't really have a nervous breakdown because she ate handful of Goldfish. But that's how she told it. lol

FORT Fogey

I've heard Kelly say that people THOUGHT she was pregnant when they got married, because they eloped. That doesn't mean that she's never said she was pregnant when they got married, but I've never heard that. Yes, dates on IMDB and Wikipedia could be fudged. However, they were in the public eye on All My Children when they got married. That means that articles are available, a year before their son was born, saying they were married. So either Kelly was pregnant for 14 months, they managed to alter ever soap opera publication that dared to report they were married in real life to change the date, or they told the truth and there's no scandal to worry about. I tend to believe there's no reason to doubt the truth here.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I can't document it with dates and such, but I remember hearing her say (or reading it, can't remember which) that right before they eloped she had a beach scene on the show with Mark, and she was self-conscious about wearing a bikini because she had a ""pooch," which they tried to hide.

+ Reply to Thread