+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

I don't know if that thinness is genetic or if she works out too much and eats too little, but she is scary thin. What personality changes did you notice?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Kelly Ripa has been on my radar since 11/22/90 when her very very very first scene aired on All My Children. I really liked her in the beginning and that lasted for several years. Things definitely changed and now I honestly cannot stomach her.

Regarding her thinness, for years I've suspected she suffers from BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) in that she has a warped sense of what her body looks like. She has no hips, no breasts and seems to want this look.

I don't get it but she can do as she pleases.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

This topic came up at a luncheon of retired women---all of whom did watch R & K for years. We were all of the opinion that she has become very self-involved since Regis left. I always had a problem with her and her constant talk of her kids-----thinking even when Regis left that she should have gone for a mommy show rather than keeping the same format that she and Regis used.

Turning the talk to herself has become her newest talent....and one that none of us in the group desired to see---so none of us watch the show any more.

FORT Regular

Her body is similar to Susan Lucci's body. The only difference I see in Kelly's personality is that she is now the star. When she was on with Regis, it was all about him.

I don't think it's genetic, because when she was a teen, her photos and videos show that she was naturally much larger than she is now. I find it odd when women claim they are naturally small, but they weigh less than they did when they were in the 6th grade. lol

And wasn't Kelly much larger on AMC than now? I'll try to find a photo when she got married. I think it was then when she got much thinner and it's never stopped.

OMG. Check out Kelly and Mark in 1996 when they got married. She had quite the cleavage back then. Now she often seems to brag on not having any and being mistaken for a young boy.

Kelly Ripa : People.com
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-02-2013 at 04:31 PM.

I like Kelly and Michael, they are more natural with one another( and topics) I don't see it very often, but I was so tired of hearing about Regis and Joy and what they ate every night and what show they saw
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    This topic came up at a luncheon of retired women---all of whom did watch R & K for years. We were all of the opinion that she has become very self-involved since Regis left. I always had a problem with her and her constant talk of her kids-----thinking even when Regis left that she should have gone for a mommy show rather than keeping the same format that she and Regis used.

Turning the talk to herself has become her newest talent....and one that none of us in the group desired to see---so none of us watch the show any more.
    Yes, I think you have stated many of the issues I have observed. Besides the un-natural thinness she seems to constantly make excessive face expressions which come across as insincere, she is definitely self focused and absorbed. Some how the conversation seems to come back to her, Mark, her kids, and she seems to have lost contact with the average public viewer. One day she was talking about how they wanted to get away for a quick weekend and ended up in Paris. Yeah, I'm sure that most of her viewers can relate! I remember her from her first day on AMC and loved her and cheered her on when she landed the Regis gig, but I don't view her as the same Kelly now. I know we all change but generally women get better with age!! LOL!

I have heard that she is very focused on designer wear and that she gets insulted if people mention buying off the rack. Is this true? I don't find many of her clothes so impressive that they couldn't be off the rack clothing.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

If you look back to when Kelly was first hired for the gig with Regis, she was pregnant with her second child, Lola. However, even afterwards when she lost the weight, she was still quite a bit heavier than she is now. I never watched the soap she was in but seeing photos of her when she was about 19 and started the show, it's apparent she was much heavier than she is now - her face was much fuller. I know from what she has said on the show that she works out excessively. I would wager that she does not eat much at all for the amount of exercise she does. I think she is literally a bag of bones and find nothing attractive about her body, but if she is happy, her husband is happy and the most important thing, is IF she is healthy, then who am I to judge? I call celebrities who look like her "bobble heads" because their heads look so much larger in proportion to their teeny weeny frame.

I would imagine that with her wealth she no longer buys off the rack. We know she is crazy about the designer shoes she wears. For the past several years she has hosted an event out in Southhampton, Long Island, NY, where she has a home and lots of celebs live. This event benefits ovarian cancer and lots of designer fashions are for sale at a discount. I think Donna karan was one of the co-hosts this year. The event was this past weekend. Google "Hamptons Super Saturday."

I enjoy Michael as the new co-host. Honestly when Regis was on he bothered me way more than Kelly did. If ever there was a man full of himself, it was Regis. Maybe one day he was able to sing a tune passably but I could not believe he had the nerve to take his act on the road. I would never pay to hear him sing. He was just awful, imo. I have an older relative who used to work for ABC in NYC. She would see him from time to time in the building and said he was the rudest person ever. I can believe that.

The person who bothered me the most was Kathie Lee after she had her children. The way she bragged incessantly about those kids you would think they were the second coming. It truly was nauseating. I don't think Kelly is as bad with her kids. In fact, she takes the opposite tack and makes comments about them that do not show them in the best light. I do agree, however, that she has lost touch with the common folk. Yes, we all jet off to Antigua or wherever she goes after working 3 hours a day sitting on our bony butts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't think it's genetic, because when she was a teen, her photos and videos show that she was naturally much larger than she is now. I find it odd when women claim they are naturally small, but they weigh less than they did when they were in the 6th grade. lol

And wasn't Kelly much larger on AMC than now? I'll try to find a photo when she got married. I think it was then when she got much thinner and it's never stopped.

OMG. Check out Kelly and Mark in 1996 when they got married. She had quite the cleavage back then. Now she often seems to brag on not having any and being mistaken for a young boy.

Kelly Ripa : People.com
    That was probaby because she was pregnant!
    Miss_Griss likes this.

+ Reply to Thread