+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

I think Regis and Joy spend most of their time in CA close to their children/grandchildren but I'm sure they venture back to NYC every so often. In fact, they probably still have a residence in NYC.

That said, if Regis and Kelly truly wanted to stay in touch....they would. Obviously, they don't.

I wasn't surprised to hear that Kelly hadn't seen Regis since he left. What did they have in common beyond working on that show together? I thought they had good chemistry on camera, but probably not much to say to each other off camera. Plus, like someone mentioned upthread, how much do you keep in contact with former co-workers?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Tuned in for the first time in many weeks only to find Randy Jackson as the co-host. Lasted almost a full two minutes.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I saw it in the TV Guide so I totally didn't even bother to turn it on.

FORT Fogey

It was a little awkward with Lazaro from AI as the musical guest

Getting caught up on my DVR, and loved the episode with Michael & Robin Roberts co-hosting!

FORT Fogey

I've noticed that Kelly seems to have a propensity for wearing off-white blouses on the show, but this week she's worn a dorky off-white blouse three days out of four already. What's with that? None of them are attractive, and they wash out her face.

I'm not sure why this struck me as so funny, but Fergie, the singer's husband was on today. Kelly made this huge deal first thing acting all appalled that he was on their show months ago and kept mum about Fergie being pregnant, only to announce the baby news on another talk show 5 days later! He calmly said, that it wasn't any of her business!

I think I would have just not mentioned it, since it was only done to embarrass the guy and embarrassing your guests is not a good way to get them to give you more information, but less.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see that part of the show today, but Kelly and Josh Duhamel (Fergie's husband) ae good friends from way back when they were both on All My Children.

FORT Fogey

I had forgotten about that AlwaysVeg - great point! The whole "deny pregnancy and then announce it a week later" thing has happened before. I remember when Madonna was on Today and denied to Matt Lauer she was pregnant and then announced it a day or two later. I can understand why the star doesn't admit it when they lie, and I can also understand why the show / host are dissapointed they didn't get the scoop. But with Kelly and Josh, it would be a different dynanic to the whole thing because of the AMC connection.

Since I've recently changed my morning news show from Today to GMA I'm catching more Kelly & Michael and I have to ask... WTH has happened to Kelly? Besides the clothes pins they try to hide on her backside to make her clothes fit over her very thin body, her personality seems altered as well. After not watching the show on a regular basis I have to admit I was kind of shocked by her appearance and personality changes. I wonder if the burden of carrying the show after Regis left is taking its toll.

+ Reply to Thread