+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

My husband never watched Regis and Kelly but does now because of Michael. Go figure! Maybe Michael is bringing in more male viewers. Me, I'm about him and the show. Did watch when Regis was on and miss him. Agree Kelly is all about her.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

Dh had it on when I got up late this morning so I watched for a couple of minutes before we both turned it off.

I remember when they made a big thing of the new stage...but the change was in the middle of all the interview shows. I think now they should have done that in August when the show was off and introduced the new set along with the new host. The change- over needed to be definitive and it wasn't. I also noticed they were still doing the babe in the bikini dancing before the game segment. That should have been totally changed over to something new as part of the new show.

Of course I NEVER had much regard for Gelman and his stale ideas so this was the case where they should have brought in a consultant who could have told them what to do to make the show new and fresh and give the impression that it was a different show.

FORT Fogey

At this point, the whole trivia game segment is stale. Enough already. It adds nothing to the show, and the time could better be used for something more entertaining. On another note, I wonder if they're still going to do the frenetic Halloween multi-costume-change show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    At this point, the whole trivia game segment is stale. Enough already. It adds nothing to the show, and the time could better be used for something more entertaining. On another note, I wonder if they're still going to do the frenetic Halloween multi-costume-change show.
    I forgot about that Halloween show. The costume changes grew stale as the years passed. Each years they had some fabulous costumes and others not so much. They should have stuck to quality rather than quantity...but again Gelman had a real hard time shifting away from what they had always done.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I think they continue with this segment for all the tv viewers who send in their postcards each and every day in hopes of winning a trip. I get the feeling there are thousands of postcards arriving at the studio all the time which translates to viewers. TV shows are all about ratings. I think this silly trivia game actually helps the ratings more than something else you and I would consider more "entertaining".

I'm sick of all the costume changes for Halloween, as well. One for each host (and possibly Gelman and Art) is fine. Sometimes less is best!

FORT Fogey

Halloween show postponed to Monday. They were live today with the host chat being subdued and directed toward the storm. Actually the best I have seen them do since K and M were paired together. K was teary when she talked about NJ...as to be expected....but she certainly was more humanized...a good thing
    combatcutie and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

The usual morning shows that do Halloween costumes (The View, Today Show, as well as Live) did not do so today, and I'm glad. It would have been so inappropriate. However, I think Kelly and Michael should just forget about it at this point. Who wants to see a Halloween show five days after the fact? Maybe some do, but I don't. Gelman probably just doesn't want to waste the money they spent on costumes.

FORT Fogey

Oh one funny thing I wanted to mention and didn't know where to put it. Rachael Ray had Regis on Monday and on the backdrop was " LIVE with Rachael and Regis". He spent lot of time with her...more like a cohost rather than a guest and did all the things he did on his own show...including some cooking. I realized how much I missed him and how easy and smooth he is in that role.
    mountaingirl70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Oh one funny thing I wanted to mention and didn't know where to put it. Rachael Ray had Regis on Monday and on the backdrop was " LIVE with Rachael and Regis". He spent lot of time with her...more like a cohost rather than a guest and did all the things he did on his own show...including some cooking. I realized how much I missed him and how easy and smooth he is in that role.
    I can't help but wonder if Regis is surprised that the offers he was expecting to come in haven't. I speculate in saying that, but I think he would like something to do. He left the show due to a disagreement about salary and was not a retirement. I wonder if he knew he knew it would turn out this way.

FORT Fogey

Isn't he about 80+ years old? Maybe he's okay with occasional guest gigs. I think he'd be great as Betty White's character's boyfriend on Hot in Cleveland. I can't believe he hasn't gotten any offers. Maybe they're just not to his liking.

+ Reply to Thread