+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly & Michael

It's not that I can't stand him or anything. He's pleasant enough. I just don't think he brings much to the show. It also kind of bothers me how he and Kelly are so touchy-feely, but I guess if Mark C and Nicole don't mind, I shouldn't either.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It's not that I can't stand him or anything. He's pleasant enough. I just don't think he brings much to the show. It also kind of bothers me how he and Kelly are so touchy-feely, but I guess if Mark C and Nicole don't mind, I shouldn't either.
    I agree, he is very sweet and nice, but he isn't very interesting. Kelly and Mark are apparently good friends with Michael, and she is very touchy feely with pretty much all of her co-hosts --- but I have to agree that she is especially touchy feely with Michael and it makes me a little uncomfortable too. I don't watch the show very often, now that Michael is the permanent co-host -- usually just when they have a guest I want to see. Too bad. . .
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

No surprise that he is not very interesting. We saw that ALL during the preliminary....he really had nothing much to add. I always thought that a nice part of the old show was the way Regis would publicize NYC....restaurants, theaters....things that we read about but may only get to on vacation.

The show certainly was unique in that way and the lack of that aspect is obvious.

FORT Fogey

Yes, I liked how Regis used to talk about the restaurants, theaters, and parties he and Joy went to, even though I suppose some people looked at it as kind of snobby, but I thought it was an interesting glimpse into another world that I will never inhabit! Plus, I don't think that Regis ever lost sight of his humble roots. Loved the Freakin' Finelli stories! Michael is just not that interesting in any way, sorry. I kind of think that besides the fact that he and Kelly are friends, she probably didn't want to go back to being the sidekick whose main contribution was funny stories about her kids and some physical comedy. She carried the show for the better part of a year and was probably not about to accept a cohost who might outshine her in any way.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

What? Did you guys all miss when Michael was talking about the Lady Gaga "FAME" perfume launch party he had gone to the night before? It was apparently rather exclusive, Kelly had not been invited and she was asking him for all the details. It was humorous.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

I think some of the reason Michael is seeming boring is that Kelly won't defer the spotlight to him. I may be wrong, but as I remember it, when Kelly first started, Regis kind of stepped back a bit to let Kelly talk more, so the audience got to know her and she could shine. After a bit, things equalized between them again, but he made it a point of putting the spotlight on Kelly to start. I haven't watched a lot with Michael, but when I have, it doesn't seem like Kelly is working to let him shine. It's too bad, because if he doesn't succeed, she fails too

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

AcookerTV, I wonder if she's capable. She seems to be incredibly "me"-oriented.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

I loved segment with Michael's mom today!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    AcookerTV, I wonder if she's capable. She seems to be incredibly "me"-oriented.
    I think that is the problem. She needs to learn how to not be so concerned with showing herself off. Maybe if she involved Michael some more, we would get to know him and possibly like him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I actually enjoyed his karaoke today. We need to see more of his personality, not just him being her straight man or "yes man" and laughing at her jokes.

+ Reply to Thread