+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

I loved the fabric and design of Kelly's dress, but like the others I think she needs to avoid anything low-cut because it emphasizes her bony chest. I can see now why Seth probably didn't want the job, and/or they wouldn't offer it to him without a great deal of discussion about how he'd have to play it. Kelly's humor and wit are no match for his, with his years on SNL and position as head writer. I don't see him wanting to play second fiddle to someone who is no match for him. I'm sure TPTB must have realized that, as did Kelly. Michael seems a nice enough guy who can make a few quips and smile a lot, but he is no comic genius or quick wit, so Kelly gets to shine in that pairing with Michael as backup and sidekick, much like she was to Regis.

FORT Fogey

If indeed Seth turned it down, I don't think it had as much to do with issues with Kelly as it did what NBC did to keep him. Shortly after the reports came out that he was the frontrunner for the job, NBC announced they had signed a development deal with him for a sitcom he's working on with his brother, with Lorne Michaels executive producing. Seth and his brother worked together in college and right out of college, and have done similar work since then. So I would guess that chance to do a show together is a dream come true. Add to that the opportunity to be taken under Lorne's wing like people such as Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon have been, and suddenly the choice is "all my wildest dreams come true" vs "a very nice job in TV". A brother and Lorne Michaels are going to win out in that one every time, and it is no reflection on Kelly.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I could never envision Seth in a position like this. Of the people that were bouncing around as options I thought Anderson would be the best and then Nick Lachey as second best. But I could see where Anderson probably wouldn't fit exactly well in that environment either but I probably would have made a concerted effort to tune when I was home in hte mornings if it was him.

I thought Seth did a great job co-hosting when he was on the show. He was quick and witty and fun. Of course, as someone else mentioned, maybe they wanted someone who would have to work a bit to keep up with Kelly vs. the opposite.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The couple times I actually saw Seth hosting I thought he did ok but I wouldn't watch him all the time as I would always associate him with his SNL stuff. I'd never be able to take him remotely seriously long term.

Not that I can take Strahan very seriously either.

I'm likely not going to make any effort to watch this in the mornings any more. Here's on at the same time as Kathie Lee and Hoda and I'd rather watch that train wreck than this one.

Watched a little of it today, and they seem to compliment one another, they have good chemistry. I haven't seen them that often( when he was guest co host) maybe it will work out.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Watched a little of it today, and they seem to compliment one another, they have good chemistry. I haven't seen them that often( when he was guest co host) maybe it will work out.
    Agreed. They are working well together. They both seem so pleased to be there, I'm sure they are both commited to making the show a success. The GMA interview was good too. I think the show will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Adding to your point about Kelly's wardrobe Critical, I noticed watching the show over the holiday weekend that Kelly also needs to alter the way many of her dresses and tops are tailored around the chest. I don't know if she has them tailored because of her small chest or what is going on, but I've noticed several that are stitched around the chest, but give the appearance that her nipples are showing through the fabric. They aren't - it's just stitching. But it's very annoyikng and distracting.
    I haven't seen this show in forever, but I was reading the comments about the new co-host and Kelly's chest!

One thing I have to say is that I give Kelly major kudos.
    She's one of the only women in Hollywood who's never done breast implants.
    That says a lot to me about Kelly Ripa!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

If you haven't watched in a while, you've missed the fact that her chest is so bony that her breasts sometimes look fake because they push them up so much. It's really unattractive. You know, good for her to not get implants, but someone needs to be honest with her about the fact that the lower neckline is NOT flattering.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I guess it is all a matter of choice. She may have skipped the implants but by her own admission ,she is botoxed regularly.

+ Reply to Thread