+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: Live! With Kelly

IMO Kelly couldn't handle sharing the stage full time with Nick Lachey. He's way prettier than she is. I think it's a big mistake though. Nick skews to a younger demographic and he's easy on the eyes. He'd sure make me tune in.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey

**sigh**. Season started today as expected.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    IMO Kelly couldn't handle sharing the stage full time with Nick Lachey. He's way prettier than she is. I think it's a big mistake though. Nick skews to a younger demographic and he's easy on the eyes. He'd sure make me tune in.
    Oh, I soooooo agree with you. Nick is also one of the only co-host candidates who took the reigns away from Kelly when he felt like it. I always gave him credit for that. The term "co-host" means just that..... CO-host!!! She would have had trouble sharing the limelight with any guy who made her feel/look like second fiddle. Hence, the choice of Michael Strehan.

That said, I think MS seems like a very sweet man and I wish him well. I won't be watching but I wish them both well.

FORT Fogey

I'm going to be curious to see how if any Michael changes having the job permanently, as opposed to a guest job. When the show was Live with Kelly, it is understandable that most of the co-hosts would have approached it as "This is Kelly's show, I'm just visiting". But things have changed for him now. It's kind of like when a couple id dating, they way they treat each other's homes changes when they move in together and it becomes "our home". He may continue to play second fiddle to Kelly. Or, he may recognize how many sacrifices he's made for this job, and expect the tables to turn a bit to be more of an equal partnership

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    **sigh**. Season started today as expected.
    So much for the unveiling and the OMG who will it be.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The show just started here. I'm going to watch out of curiosity, but I don't watch regularly anyway, so I doubt this will sway me either way. Really, the only thing that would have made me watch more if if the new co-host was Seth Meyers. I'd be really surprised if Seth wasn't the first choice, but when he didn't want it, they went with their second choice.

On a superficial note, Kelly needs to wear tops that aren't as low cut. Her bony cleavage is scary.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I watched a bit of it this morning and tuned out before the first guest. I am a bit confused about something Michael said. He said he was receiving lots of tweets wishing him good luck when he was in the running and that Josh Groban told him that he wished Michael got the gig if Josh did not get the job himself. Was Josh seriously in the running for this gig? He is so busy with his music career that I never even thought for a minute he would consider doing this show on a permanent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I watched a bit of it this morning and tuned out before the first guest. I am a bit confused about something Michael said. He said he was receiving lots of tweets wishing him good luck when he was in the running and that Josh Groban told him that he wished Michael got the gig if Josh did not get the job himself. Was Josh seriously in the running for this gig? He is so busy with his music career that I never even thought for a minute he would consider doing this show on a permanent basis.
    Josh has a rather wicked sense of humor, not always evident, but he's very funny in concert. I would guess he was joking. ( jmho)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Adding to your point about Kelly's wardrobe Critical, I noticed watching the show over the holiday weekend that Kelly also needs to alter the way many of her dresses and tops are tailored around the chest. I don't know if she has them tailored because of her small chest or what is going on, but I've noticed several that are stitched around the chest, but give the appearance that her nipples are showing through the fabric. They aren't - it's just stitching. But it's very annoyikng and distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    ...Was Josh seriously in the running for this gig? He is so busy with his music career that I never even thought for a minute he would consider doing this show on a permanent basis.
    Yes. I believe he was seriously considered to be Kelly's co-host. He co-hosted about 20 times, over the past year, and seemed to take the "job interview" to heart. I, too, wondered how he would incorporate LIVE with his music career but assumed he wanted the job or he wouldn't have tried for it. I don't think Josh was on the show much toward the later part of the summer. Maybe they informed him (or vice versa) that he was no longer a contender for the position. Who knows?

+ Reply to Thread