+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    They were reporting that on my local TV news as well this evening. Oh well, I was really hoping it was going to be Seth Myers. Michael is alright but it won't be "must see TV" in the morning. Well, not that it ever was with Regis, either, in later years.

FORT Fogey

I like Michael. I thought he and Kelly complimented each other quite well.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Michael Strahan. Ugh!!!! I'M SO DEPRESSED!!!!! I knew it from day one -- the only guy I absolutely can't stand.

Bye bye Kelly. I'll miss ya!

That is really disappointing, if true. Strahan was a talented NFL'er and he's fine as a sports analyst, but that's where his on screen talent ends. He had his own sitcom called "Brothers," which I tought was awful and if CCH Pounder can't help a show, it's not worth saving. I think he's a dreadful actor, who has an irritating voice that doesn't match his physical built. I really do like Kelly, but I won't be watching unless there's a particular guest I want to see.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I wonder how much the fact that Kelly and Michael are personal friends have to do with this hiring decision. Maybe her preference carried some weight, more than it should have.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I've read speculation in a few places that given the way they are doing the announcement, and the timing of it, that Pat Kiernan is most likely the pick. I never saw any of the shows he co-hosted. Did anyone else? I guess he's a local NYC news anchor?.....snipped
    I didn't see any that he hosted but I could see why a local NYC news anchor would do well. Look at Sam Champion on GMA. He was "just a local weatherman" just a few short years ago and is now on national TV.

Big UGH to Strahan. I don't like Kelly that much to make the effort to watch her show as it is.

Who knows maybe Katie Couric will do well enough that she will eventually take over that time slot.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that didn't like Strahan. Yes, he was okay on occasion, but everyday??? Nope, I don't think he is going to do well. I really hope that it ends up being too much for him, as he is going to have to fly back to LA for the weekend job, and he quits. I really wanted Seth or NPH myself. They were the best compliment to Kelly
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I think they made the decision that would put Kelly in the best light, instead of the decision that would be best for the overall show. I think that Strahan is more liekly to defer to Kelly, and allow her to be the lead on the show, rather than being equal partners. In some ways, I think Kelly deserves this. After all, she did 10 years of deferring to Regis.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

59 co-hosts???

I don't watch the show anymore... because I just can't stand Kelly. But.. 59 co-hosts?

Were the fans picking the co-host? If so... then, I could understand such a high number.

58 people couldn't stand being with Kelly....

+ Reply to Thread