+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I've read speculation in a few places that given the way they are doing the announcement, and the timing of it, that Pat Kiernan is most likely the pick. I never saw any of the shows he co-hosted. Did anyone else? I guess he's a local NYC news anchor? I've read that since he is a lesser known name, they'll benefit from the excitement of "tune in to find out who it is!" since if they made the announcement ahead of time, people would most likely respond with a collective "Who?"
    I liked Pat on the show He was an anchor man on a local TV show near us. He and Kelly got on well, but on full time. hmm
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I googled and found a NY TIMES article dated April 25 talking about him and how he has actively pursued the Regis job. I guess he was on March 7 and then 2 other times. Interesting article and he is very popular in NY

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I liked Pat on the show He was an anchor man on a local TV show near us. He and Kelly got on well, but on full time. hmm
    Um, UGH, is all I have to say. He was okay, but I don't think he will do well full time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Um, UGH, is all I have to say. He was okay, but I don't think he will do well full time
    I don't know, or care if he's the one .He is well liked in NY.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

TMZ is reporting thast Strahan is the new co-host. I really REALLY REALLY hope they are wrong
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

TMZ is reporting thast Strahan is the new co-host. I really REALLY REALLY hope they are wrong
    Now that is a statement I totally agree with!!

UGH. I just saw that. I won't be watching if it's true. I just don't get his appeal.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I've read speculation in a few places that given the way they are doing the announcement, and the timing of it, that Pat Kiernan is most likely the pick. I never saw any of the shows he co-hosted. Did anyone else? I guess he's a local NYC news anchor? I've read that since he is a lesser known name, they'll benefit from the excitement of "tune in to find out who it is!" since if they made the announcement ahead of time, people would most likely respond with a collective "Who?"
    If he walks out as the co-host on Sept. 4, I'll still be saying "Who?" Never heard of him, never saw him on the show, can tell already that I will find him unremarkable. Would prefer Michael Strahan if this is what it comes down to. Pat might be popular in NY, but this is a national show and he has had no national exposure except for the guest gigs. This show will go down the tubes with a virtual unknown because I think most people are already fed up from the long wait, and that would be extremely anti-climactic.

ETA: Huffington Post says Strahan, too.

Yuck
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Great, I won't be watching any more either.

+ Reply to Thread