+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I love this picture of both of them. Without makeup, she looks a lot like Joni Mitchell, I think. I also like his hair more natural, and he's very cute in those glasses.

Kelly Ripa Poses For No Makeup Photo With Anderson Cooper (PICS)
    OMG. You got that right! She looks so much like Joni Mitchell. It's bizarre!

I can take Kelly in small doses. She annoys me at times with her skinny obsession. I wish she could get past that, but she can be funny. I adore Andy and Anderson, so if they like her, then that speaks volumns to me.

FORT Fogey

HMM, that would be the day after Labor Day...the start of the new season. It says that she will host alone the day before, which will be Labor Day. I guess that will be one of the prerecorded shows since I don't see anyone coming to NYC to do a live show on the holiday.

DO you think we will get a sneak peek in the next two weeks?

It says 59 different people co-hosted and the choice will be one of those.**sigh**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    HMM, that would be the day after Labor Day...the start of the new season. It says that she will host alone the day before, which will be Labor Day. I guess that will be one of the prerecorded shows since I don't see anyone coming to NYC to do a live show on the holiday.

DO you think we will get a sneak peek in the next two weeks?

It says 59 different people co-hosted and the choice will be one of those.**sigh**
    I'm not that excited really.

FORT Fogey

I kind of like the idea that they're not revealing it ahead of time ... I would assume that they'll run the intro, walk out, and that's when the world will know? That's kind of a fun introduction for whoever the new host is. As far as speculation that we've had here, I just checked, and Seth Meyers is booked to do stand up at Johns Hopkins on September 4. So while it would be possible to travel from NYC to the college after the show, that most likely adds to the confirmation that he is NOT the new host. I doubt that the day a new host is announced would be a day they'd want him racing out after the show to get to another gig.
    Last edited by AcookerTV; 08-20-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not that excited really.
    I thought I was the only one. The odd time I do tune in, it's to see the guests/guest that are on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Now Nick Lachey, whom I really did not mind as host, is doing the STARS EARN STRIPES which is currently on. I wonder if that was recorded earlier making him available for the hosting duty.

I am taking AcookerTV's clever idea and pulling up the schedules of some host choices to see if they are still available

FORT Fogey

I think the choice of a new co-host depends on how they want to position Kelly, as well as what SHE wants. She was very much 2nd fiddle to Regis, a sidekick. But since Regis left, she's of course had to be in charge, with all the guest co-hosts playing a supportive and secondary role, so to speak. Will they pick someone with a dynamic personality that might push Kelly back to sidekick status? I doubt it at this point. It's a tricky situation. They need someone who will contribute something as a co-host but not compete with Kelly. Most of the guest co-hosts have been pretty bland, even snoozefest material, and would not motivate me to watch. If it's not Seth or NPH, they should just pick Mark and be done with it. Pleeeeease not Nick Lachey, Michael Strahan, Josh Groban, Bryant Gumbel, or Jerry O'Connell. (I'm sure I'm leaving out at least 40 other guest co-hosts I don't want it to be.)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I heard that Kelly has said that Mark is NOT in the running for co-host. I really like Seth or NPH. If Strahan gets picked, ugh. Yuck, just YUCK
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I've read speculation in a few places that given the way they are doing the announcement, and the timing of it, that Pat Kiernan is most likely the pick. I never saw any of the shows he co-hosted. Did anyone else? I guess he's a local NYC news anchor? I've read that since he is a lesser known name, they'll benefit from the excitement of "tune in to find out who it is!" since if they made the announcement ahead of time, people would most likely respond with a collective "Who?"

+ Reply to Thread