+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

He has Community to promote, as well as The Soup. And the entire premise of The Soup is him making wise cracks about things seen and heard on TV. So for him to do that on Kelly's show gives viewers an idea of what he's like, that would encourage those who like it to tune in to his shows.

I love The Soup. It's all the craziest things on tv rolled up into 30 minutes. lol The show went downhill when he got the role on Community. He must have stopped writing much for the show and it shows. Big difference. I've never found Joel funny except on The Soup.

FORT Fogey

I've never watched either of those shows. All I know of him is that he's been guest co-host on Kelly's show a few times, and I don't think he's funny, either. Maybe you have to be "of a certain age," which I long ago exceeded! I wonder if they would ever have Regis just be a guest (not guest co-host) on the show. That would either be fun or just weird. I miss him, though. Have seen him on The View a couple of times and on Letterman. Didn't catch him with Kathie Lee on the Today show. I just hope Gelman doesn't go the route of trying to get a co-host to appeal to a younger demographic. I've had the feeling for some time that he'd like to go there. Note to Gelman: It won't work! Twenty-somethings aren't your main audience, and they're never gonna be unless you completely revamp the entire show.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 07-26-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Chris Harrison co-hosted today and will co-host tomorrow. Yes, it's ABC and yes, he has to promote Bachelor Pad, but I liked how he was with Kelly. His laid back demeanor and quick quips matched her more hyper style. He also didn't hog the chair or the guests. It was refreshing.
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Nick Lachey has been on the last two days and I had forgotten that he has always done a decent job. Not a grabber of the limelight yet he is able to converse with Kelly and ask questions of the guests. I think they are headed for vacation the rest of Aug, so NL may be the last live co-host we see until the new season starts in Sept. If they do not come back with the new person ready to move forward, then I really have to throw the towel in on this show

Andy Cohen on Watch What's Happening Live had a guest on last week that Andy asked if he had been selected to join Kelly on her show. The guy said no, but he would take it as an honor and praised Kelly for being so funny. I can't believe I can't recall who it was! I don't think his name was mentioned on this thread either. Did anyone see it? I hope I can recall who is was. .............................. ...

I can see his face, but can't recall his name. He was once a child star and has been in commercials and entertainment/movies his entire life.

FORT Fogey

It was Jerry O'Connell. I think he's one of the guys they had guest host because he's friends with Kelly (like Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper) and not because he was ever a serious contender to be a permanent host

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It was Jerry O'Connell. I think he's one of the guys they had guest host because he's friends with Kelly (like Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper) and not because he was ever a serious contender to be a permanent host
    Right you are. THanks. Here's a link.

Jerry O'Connell - IMDb

FORT Fogey

I know I did not like Jerry.

FORT Fogey

Live With Kelly has not been shown all week here due to Olympics coverage. I guess I won't be watching until the new season starts, and I agree there needs to be a new co-host in place at that time. I've pretty much lost interest at this point, not that I ever just sat there and watched the whole show, but I used to enjoy the host chat with Regis and would watch longer if there was a particular guest I liked.

+ Reply to Thread