+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I personally cannot stand when Mark is her co-host. He is just as annoying as she is, if not more.

I like Neil Partick Harris
    I like NPH, but not enough to see him gabfest with Kelly. Plus, he is sometimes a little full of himself. Nope not NPH, I give up
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think the problem with Regis and his salary is that he wasn't bringing as much to the show, with all that experience, as he had in the past. Not only was he actually doing the show for fewer days, but he was doing less of the extra stuff. He used to do concerts with Kathie Lee, and other appearances which helped and promoted the show. So in all ways, he was giving ABC less and less for the money he was getting or asking for. Not to mention that they have to pay guests hosts when they bring people to fill in for Regis. So when he works less, it costs ABC more. I have to say that I've really liked it every time that Seth Meyers has been the guest host, and am surprised no one else has brought him up. I really like the way that he seems to respect that Kelly is the host of the show, and will defer to her, but at the same time will call her out. I remember when he was on back in January, she was going on and on about her body issues, and he pretty much told her that she had a good enough body that she didn't need to beg for attention like that. He was nice about it, but said what a lot of the audience was probably thinking. I've read that he won't stay at Saturday Night Live much past the election. I wonder if they would wait that long for someone like him. I really like Neal Patrick Harris, but getting him would mean he would have to either leave How I Met Your Mother, or get them to move the entire production to New York. I don't want to lose Barney on that show!
    Debb70 likes this.

Wow, what did Kelly say when he called her out on the body image thing? I would like to have seen that.
    She gets me defending her weight. She has repeatedly talked about how it's her normal size and blah, blah, and it is not her normal size. I have seen photos and videos of Kelly from childhood and all through her teens and early twenties she was MUCH larger than she is now. That was normal. She is a good 25 pounds or less than her 14 year old size or when she first when on All My Children.

One day she went on and on about how terrible she had been with her eating, because she snacked on some Gold Fish.....yes. A 102 pound woman kicking herself on public tv for eating a couple of handfuls of Gold Fish. I knew then. She has a problem.

FORT Fogey

From what I remember, when he called her out, she kind of acknowledged he was right and moved on. She had mentioned it several times on the show, in host chat, and then with at least one of the guests. He just kind of told her "your body is fine, stop it". He did it in such a way that she could move on without having to respond or be embarassed, which is what I liked so much.
    Debb70 likes this.

She must have severe body image issues. Did you see her the time she got on scales and weighed on David Letterman? Or a couple of weeks ago she showed her feet on the show. They were quite wide. She claims her feet are as wide as they are long. The guest co-host was really shocked.

What do you think of Bryant Gumble for co-host?

I do like Kelly, but I do agree she has and has always had body issues. No one would exercise as much as she does otherwise. I am sure, of course, that she has plenty of household help, but I also believe that she and Mark both devote a lot of time to parenting their children. I don't like a lot of the people and shows that she likes, but that was also true of Regis, whom I also liked. Could not abide either of them when they bowed and scraped before Donald Trump whom I cannot stomach

A permanent co-host would have to be someone who is good at it and who has the time. I do not care much for Bryant Gumble. One man I think might be good is Camerson Mathison. He's well-spoken and funny, they know each other well from All My Children, and everyone he's ever worked with seems to really like him. Meanwhile, I watch morning shows only on occasion, and Live with Kelly is really the only one I do watch. Stopped watching the view a few years ago.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Bryant Gumbel is a snooze-fest, and when he's not being a snooze-fest, he's being Bryant Grumble! He can be a grouch... and too cynical. I like Cameron Mathison, but not as a co-host possibility. It would be like old home week from All My Children. Plus, I don't think he would be a particularly good story-teller. I guess I just want a younger version of Regis as far as that's concerned.

I never liked Regis, so I don't miss him on the show. He may have been good in his heyday, but in recent years he'd become crabby and rude. He could never remember names and he constantly interrupted people. I didn't enjoy watching him.

I don't remember how long the "audition" process was to find Kathie Lee's replacement, but it wasn't a short time. I don't watch the show all that much, so I don't really care who they hire as Kelly's co-host. I've seen a few episodes in the last few months. Some were good and some were pretty bad. Jerry O'Connell (who I normally like) stands out as one of the bad ones. I thought at the time that he was drunk.

I LOVE NPH and would be happy to see him co-hosting (or, really, doing anything), but I don't think that would happen while he's still on HIMYM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I am so surprised that so many people don't care for Kelly that much. I LOVE watching the show now that Regis is gone. I've never cared much for Regis, so my favorite shows were always when he was on vacation. I think Kelly carries the show by herself fabulously well, and I don't even mind the revolving co-hosts. My favorite co-host is Mark Consuelos, but I personally, would really enjoy the show if they decided to permanently have rotating co-hosts (including some female co-hosts!!!) --- and had each of the co-hosts for, say, a week at a time. The show would constantly be fresh and I think it would be a lot of fun.

Pat Kiernan The NY1 news anchor has had a callback. I really like Pat.

I wonder who else they have called back?

I've never cared much for Regis, so my favorite shows were always when he was on vacation.
    I liked him, Regis was or is a professional. But his jaunts to the theater every night( and I love the theatre) and his dinners out with Joy got to be a bit boring
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-20-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread