+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

I lasted about two minutes with the chat.....I didn't even try to stay. He is over the top and she was in her talk-about -the- kids-in-excruciating-detail mode. Just bad..bad

FORT Fogey

Yikes. The co-host search was for ONE day. With all that time they spent developing it, maybe each of the 5 semi-finalists should have done one day each.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Yikes. The co-host search was for ONE day. With all that time they spent developing it, maybe each of the 5 semi-finalists should have done one day each.
    That's what I thought it was going to be. Can't believe they spent all that time and hyped it so much just for one day. That guy was the most animated of the finalists I saw, but he was also very annoying.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That's what I thought it was going to be. Can't believe they spent all that time and hyped it so much just for one day. That guy was the most animated of the finalists I saw, but he was also very annoying.
    He's the type of huge personality that you either love or can't stand! Fortunately, he was a co-host only for the one show. If he had been a huge hit with the fans, something would've probably ignited with his career. As for me, I just hope I don't ever have to watch him again, but there probably are folks out there who enjoyed him.

FORT Fogey

Two days of Joel M. I wonder if he will creep up as the dark horse.... comedic background, not too bad. They could do worse ( as we have seen).

I do have to announce again my feelings about Gelman. He needs to kiss the ground Regis walks on for giving him that producer's position .....his incompetence and lack of any kind of originality is even more obvious now that Regis is gone and the show is looking for a focus.

FORT Fogey

Looks like Joel M is co-hosting tomorrow, too. If only we can make it through the rest of the summer, maybe we'll be surprised with the choice of a good co-host in September. Three days of Joel M is enough for me. Regis was a much better interviewer of the guests than most of these guest co-hosts are. Joel and a number of others just seem to want to make jokes out of everything the guests say, which has the effect of focusing the attention back on them instead of on the guest, where it should be.
    ibot2much likes this.

FORT Fogey

Good point about comedians putting the focus on themselves.....I watched just the host chat and didn't stay on either day for the guests, so I missed his interviews.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Good point about comedians putting the focus on themselves.....I watched just the host chat and didn't stay on either day for the guests, so I missed his interviews.
    Thanks, ibot. I just don't think the guests come on this show to have most of what they say met with a comedic retort by the co-host. It just seems disrespectful, even though I'm sure it's not meant that way. Comedians are mainly solo acts, and they're not used to deferring to guests for the most part. Regis was a big celebrity in his own right, but he showed the guests a lot more respect than that (other than mispronouncing their names sometimes ). Going back to what you said about Gelman above, he should prepare or instruct the comedian co-hosts better than that, and maybe look for some potential co-hosts who don't feel that they have to use the interviews portion of the show to display how funny they are.

FORT Fogey

I think it is also different for guest hosts than it would be for a permanent host. Many of the guest hosts are really on the show for promotion of their projects - like an extended interview segment. I remember before Regis was gone, Vince Vaughn served as a guest host a couple of times when he had a movie coming out. It was a chance for him to promote the movie in a bigger way than just being a guest. IF a guest hosts sees his days being on the show as being for promotion instead of an audition, then I can understand why they crack more jokes and put focus on themselves. That doesnt' mean it's okay, and kind of shows why they need a permanent co-host. But it also explains why it is done.

FORT Fogey

Does Joel M have a movie or special project coming out? I missed that. I understand he has a comedy TV show that has been on for some time, but I've never watched it. He just seems like a guy who has to be wisecracking all the time.

+ Reply to Thread