+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

God, Trump is such a douchebag. I can't believe someone so famous has such thin skin. He's like a 14-year old girl.

Seth for co-host! And not just because it would piss off The Donald....that's just an added bonus!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Maybe the Trumpster is peeved that HE wasn't asked. Can you imagine what a horror show that would be?
    Take that back! Don't be putting that thought into the universe. *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    I have to assume that in time-honoured Trump fashion he now has a vendetta against the entire SNL crew with special emphasis on their head writer, Seth.
    What else is new? Trump inserting himself into the story du jour with harsh words being flung around? Hmm don't think I've ever seen that happen before. LOL
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Trump's vendetta against Seth stems from his performance at the White House Correspondence Dinner. Seth performed there the year Trump was talking about running for president and absolutely skewered him. It's worth watching if you haven't seen it.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Trump's face is hilarious in the WHCD video, ACooker! He always looks like an orange frog to me.

The thing is, plenty of people get mocked at that dinner and most take it in good humor, including the president - and not just the current one either. I can't think of someone who's been a worse sport at that dinner than Trump.

Fingers crossed for Seth to get the job. It would mean that we'd never have to see Trump's nasty face on this show again!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

The other odd thing about Trumps tweet was that he seemed to want to create friction between Seth and Regis. But Seth was the best man at Regis' daughters wedding. I think Seth is safe with Reege!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I would like to make a plea for everyone to refrain from posting the name "Josh Groban" in the same sentence as "new permanent co-host of Live With Kelly." Please, I beg of you not to put this thought out into the Universe.
    I sympathize with ya AlwaysVeg. Sadly for me, I feel the same way about Michael Strahan, who probably will end up being the permanent co-host.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Ah...thanks for all the information about the Trumpster ....I didn't know the background of the feud. I thought he was just being protective of Regis

The Donald's nasty behavior rarely has to do with anything but his own giant ego. Maybe he likes Regis, but his attack on Seth was all about getting his little feelings hurt at the WHCD.
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Jeez, can you all imagine Donald Trump as President??? I think we all dodged a huge bullet when he decided not to run!!!!!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Jeez, can you all imagine Donald Trump as President??? I think we all dodged a huge bullet when he decided not to run!!!!!
    In more ways than one! You think militant Muslims can't take a joke? Trump would be calling for his own personal jihad on anyone who said a bad word about him.

I've always been puzzled by the fact that someone who is so successful and used to being in the public eye can be so thin-skinned. He really does respond to criticism like a little girl. It always smacks of "Oh YEAH? Well you're ugly!"

I really hope those reports about Seth not wanting/taking the job aren't true. I can't imagine ever wanting to watch the show with Jerome or Josh as the permanent hosts. I like Martin Short, but I'd like to see a new dynamic on this show instead of the older man/younger woman pairing we've seen for so long. I think Seth is perfect for the job - young, funny, cute, smart, but with a personality that won't totally overwhelm Kelly's. He's relaxed and chill, but not boring. Yeah, I'm totally a fangirl. I like the smart ones

I watched one episode where Jerry O'Connell co-hosted and I swear he looked like he was drunk. It was just weird.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread