+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

The only one of those three who I'd tune in for is Seth. The other two? Meh.
    combatcutie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I hope that if it is Seth, he comes with some fresh ideas for the show. They need to change it into something other than R and K Revisited as has happened for the past 7 months.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else watch the show today? Coming back from a break, Kelly whispered something to Seth like "is it set and done then?" he awkwardly nodded his head yes, and she said "oh good" or something like it. It could have been a lot of things, but with the rumors circulating, sure did seem like a confirmation he's the new host.

FORT Fogey

I watched about the first 30 minutes but didn't see that part. I hope Seth gets the job. If it can't be Martin Short, then I vote for Seth. Not looking forward to the guest co-hosts they're gonna pick from people who sent in videos. Think I'll just skip that week. They're just wasting, er, buying time till September.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Did anyone else watch the show today? Coming back from a break, Kelly whispered something to Seth like "is it set and done then?" he awkwardly nodded his head yes, and she said "oh good" or something like it. It could have been a lot of things, but with the rumors circulating, sure did seem like a confirmation he's the new host.
    I really hope you're right. I think he's the best guy for the job.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Whoever they choose, I wish they would just do it and move on. Geez, it takes a whole lot less time to appoint a new Pope than a co-host for this show.

FORT Fogey

Supposedly Seth is denying that he will be leaving SNL....loves it and is looking forward to the election season.
    I am not sure that he is as direct about ALSO taking taking on the Kelly job...that seemed a bit less clear.

FORT Fogey

I thought the same thing when I read the article ibot2much. I've seen many news places taking the interview he did and declaring that he's said no to the Live job, but I don't think it was that straightforward. You hear celebrities all the time avoid making statements about career decisions until they are final. Actors won't name roles they turned down, because they don't want to insult the person who did the role by saying that person was not the first choice. The same kind of thing would be the case here - until it is an announced deal, he couldn't say anything to confirm or deny, because if something fell through, it makes him look bad, and is also insulting to whoever would eventually get the job. Not to mention, the show is owned by Disney, and I would imagine they maintain A LOT of control about the timing of announcements. All he really said was that he loves his current job, and was excited for election season. He's been saying that for a while, which implies that AFTER election season, he'd be open to moving on. The original article that named him as the front runner said he'd give up head writing duties, but continue with Weekend Update. SNL has several writers who no longer work on the show full time, but write sketches for some shows when they are inspired / have time - people like Paula Pell and Jim Downey. They could do the same kind of thing for Seth. Since Live tapes the Friday show, their work schedule is Monday through Thursday. The Weekend Update portion of SNL is prepared starting Thursday night, with most of the work Friday and Saturday. So logistically, he COULD do Live, do Weekend Update, and write a political sketch in weeks he was inspired. It would be a schedule that would probably kill a person who did it for years (especially since Live requires a morning schedule, and SNL requires an afternoon/evening schedule). But if a person went in to it saying "I'll do this for a few months, and that will be it" it COULD be done. It's just a matter of whether or not he WANTS it to be done.

As far as I'm concerned Live has found it's cohost in Seth. I like him and I like him with Kelly. I agree with AcookerTV that he would have time to do all the other things he enjoys doing.
    combatcutie, GabbyG and AlwaysVeg like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

I saw Kelly on Jimmy Fallon's show and she was playing coy like she is told nothing since she is just a paid employee. Fallon tried to get it out of her, but she didn't let anythng slip.

+ Reply to Thread