+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

I'm not sure where to put this, but I thought it would fit in here. I have read that the buzz is that Regis will soon joine Cathy Lee on The Today Show's last hour and Hoda will replace Anne Curry's position! I have no idea if this is true, but it is a great idea IMO. Maybe not for those who don't like Cathy Lee. I do, so I would love to see her and Regis again. If this happens, I wonder if Kelly's show will stand a chance.

FORT Fogey

We don't get Kathy Lee's hour of the Today show here, so it won't affect Live With Kelly in this market. Regis must be a glutton for punsihment if he wants to team up with KL again. She is SOOOOOOOO irritating! However, I can see how it could be a ratings bonanza for NBC and the Today show, so maybe they offered him a boatload of moolah. I saw snippets of KL and Hoda's show online and always thought that if I were Hoda, it would be worth it to commit murder.

FORT Fogey

In most every city I've ever visted, Live with Kelly is on at 9am. Kathie Lee's hour of the Today show is 10am in most places I think. So if Regis did end up there, it probably would not have an impact. But it would not surprise me at all if they did that. Hoda is much better than the job they have given her, and they sure did roll out the red carpet (or several red carpets) for Regis when he made a one day appearance last week. Although I have to say, the way he showed up late, and didn't seem to want to put any work into being on the air, I kind of understood why "Live" was willing to let him go during his contract negotiations.

I didn't see Regis on the show last week. I don't think we can post the link where I saw the article about Regis replacing Hoda. I think you either like Cathy Lee or you don't. I have aways liked her for some reason, so I would like to see Regis and her back together. Perhaps it's just nostaglia.

I'm kind of worn out with wondering about Kelly's replacement. I won't watch it much, because if I record anything it will be Regis and Kathy Lee, plus Wendy Williams who comes on at 10:00 a.m. too. There's only so much time in day. LOL

FORT Fogey

I went looking for your Regis story and did find something that said what you told us. I agree that Hoda is wasted with KL and Kathy Lee is often rude and abrasive to her in her comments.

I saw parts of the TODAY show with Regis last week. I would see him more as a part time contributor ( one option that was mentioned) rather than a regular co-host). I don't think he wants to work that hard in an entirely new set up.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It takes a lot to get me to watch Kelly. The guest star or guest host has to be special, so it goes without saying that I will be watching on JULY 20th when ROB THOMAS is the co-host.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Okay, I have no idea who Rob Thomas is! I feel dumb.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I don't know who he is either. I just have this dreaded feeling it's going to be Michael Strahan who is nice enough --- but soooooo boring.
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

He and Kelly are apparently good friends in real life, as are Kelly and NPH. For some reason, that seems to make for a more boring host chat. Not quite sure why that is. Maybe they just know each other too well, so there is no edge. Each is "out-nicing" the other. I think they should go for Martin Short and be done with this endless co-host search.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Okay, I have no idea who Rob Thomas is! I feel dumb.
    He's the lead singer for the band Matchbox Twenty, but he also is a solo recording artist. I don't know much about him other than the pop music of his I've heard on the radio but I get the feeling he is a good egg. I know that every year he performs at Blyesthdale (spelling) Children's Hospital in New Jersey at a special Christmas concert for the sick children. It's hosted by the radio dj's of WPLJ- NYC, Scott and Todd.
    libgirl2 and Little Sew&Sew like this.

+ Reply to Thread