+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Live! With Kelly

Has Bryant Gumbel had plastic surgery? I never thought that and (I know, it's a minority opinion here but...) I like him quite a bit. Of course, I don't like a lot of things he's done but whatever. Anyway, my point was about his FACE, not his character I believe he's had lung cancer and lost a tremendous amount of weight and he does look different but I did not think he'd had work done. All that means is I'm off to visit my friend The Google Fairy... that chick knows everything
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Oh Gee...Jerry O today. Hasn't Gelman done any culling AT ALL from the original group of 7 months ago. I don't think JO is very good at all so I was surprised to see him back.

FORT Fogey

Now they're going to have a contest for the folks at home to send a videotape and be selected as Kelly's co-host for a day. That could be a lot more more fun than some of the co-hosts they've had in the past 7 months. They should just hire Martin Short (my first pick) or Seth Myers, if he wants it, and be done with it. I imagine that if they do hire someone, it will not be revealed until the new fall season. I wish they'd get on with it or cancel the show.

FORT Fogey

OMG....really!!!! I missed that as I didn't watch the show. They did that as part of the Kelly search years ago so Gelman must have pulled out the old tapes looking for an idea and found that. Just too lame for words.

I don't know how they can go on without a permanent co-host once the show is up for buyers for next season. I think the syndicated shows have a huge meeting/ convention type thing with buyers soon and they got nothing to put out there....except Kelly LOL.

FORT Fogey

With a show that is as established as this one is, I don't think that the buyers choose the show for renewal year after year. I remember when Oprah decided not to quit the first time she contemplated it, the commitment she made was for 5 more years. I would imagine a show like Live! is the same kind of thing, where stations renew it for several years at a time, rather than it being a year to year thing. If not, you'd think the show would move around to diffrerent stations more often. Wouldn't it? Besides, if stations decided to get rid of the show because they didn't know who Kelly would be hosting with, then they'd have to replace it with something else. Are the better off showing a show that has an established audience, where they know what to expect? Or to take the risk on some brand new show that they'd have to introduce to a brand new audience, that may or may not be around in a few months?

FORT Fogey

I don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but here the show is on at 9 a.m., inserted between two hours of the Today Show. The Kathie Lee and Hoda hour of the Today show is (mercifully) not aired here, so if they cancelled Live With Kelly, they could just put the other hour of the Today show in that slot (not that I would watch it .. KL gets on my last nerve!).

On another note, I didn't see the entire show with Andy Samberg as the co-host last week, but the part that I did see was terrible! What happened to him being funny? Maybe he needs a script. I kind of thought some of the SNL regulars could do a day or two as guest co-host now that they're on hiatus, but not if they're that un-funny and unpersonable in a different format.

FORT Fogey

I heard Andy on a radio interview last week, and thought he was hilarious. He can defintely be funny without a script. He definitely has more of an odd-ball quirky sense of humor. I think he was just nervous to really let it fly with Kelly, because it's not his normal audience. Normally when you think of the housewife daytime audience, you don't throw out entertainment like "D*!k in a box".

FORT Fogey

I don't know much asbout the contracts for syndicated shows so maybe they have a longer commitment than one season.

Now with the home viewer cohost search, that should buy Gelman another few months before a decision has to be made.

FORT Fogey

That's why I think nothing will be announced until at least the start of the new fall season. They'll just be biding their time over the summer.

FORT Fogey

The past two weeks must have been Kelly's vacation---- one different co-host each day. They start the show with a current intro but use clips of previous shows with that particular co-host. Curious to see what is happening next week

+ Reply to Thread