+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

My vote is for Howie Mandel, and for Mark to sit in for him during flu season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    My vote is for Howie Mandel, and for Mark to sit in for him during flu season.

LOL good one.

I don't think I could handle Anderson Cooper, his own show isn't very good ( he giggles like a little girl) so Howie would be great!
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kelly definitely needs an older co-host and not necessarily a comedian. I just don't want a baffon. The one thing that makes me mad about her is that she never lets the co-host finish a sentence, which then usually turns into a story about her. It's okay to talk about her children every once in a while, but not every day. I also agree that she doesn't know when to end the conversation. It may only be funny the first minute or two. I would prefer a man over a woman, because I don't want just a woman's point of view on this show. They should pick someone that can rein her in!
    Last edited by Coco46; 04-18-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    ibot2much and Debb70 like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Howie is a nice guy, but he really annoys me. I can only take him in small doses.

According to what I read, Regis was making about the same as Matt Lauer is now. (17-19 million per year) Matt has to be at work around 4:30 a.m. and leaves usually by 11:00 a.m. He has A LOT to prepare and deal with daily, plus the traveling around the world. I think it's a tough job, expecially the early hours.

Regis worked about 4 days per week. He walked in around 8:00, was on the air from 9:00-10:00 and then left. He never did prep. This according to him and Kelly. Plus, he took LOTS of time off a week at a time. I can see why they needed to drop his income.

I still wonder if they are hoping that a deal can be reached and Regis comes back to the show. That is the only valid reason I can see for this very long delay.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I only watch it when Josh Groban co-hosts( must be his hair )

That's my favorite time to watch too!

There are only a handful of people who will inspire me to put up with having to hear Kelly talk . . . and talk . . . and talk . . . and talk.

Since you brought it up Fanny Mare . . . Josh will be co-hosting on May 2nd and 3rd.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I personally cannot stand when Mark is her co-host. He is just as annoying as she is, if not more.

I like Neil Partick Harris
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I don't think they have hit the button with any of the "regular" sub-hosts. Howie is too loud and attention demanding but he does keep Kelly in check since he tends to take over. Mark also keeps her in check to a degree. NPH isn't bad but since they are friends in real life, we get too much kid talk. The rest of them are not memorable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Howie is a nice guy, but he really annoys me. I can only take him in small doses.

According to what I read, Regis was making about the same as Matt Lauer is now. (17-19 million per year) Matt has to be at work around 4:30 a.m. and leaves usually by 11:00 a.m. He has A LOT to prepare and deal with daily, plus the traveling around the world. I think it's a tough job, expecially the early hours.Regis worked about 4 days per week. He walked in around 8:00, was on the air from 9:00-10:00 and then left. He never did prep. This according to him and Kelly. Plus, he took LOTS of time off a week at a time. I can see why they needed to drop his income.

I still wonder if they are hoping that a deal can be reached and Regis comes back to the show. That is the only valid reason I can see for this very long delay.
    I have never been able to stand Howie Mandel, and never thought he was funny AT ALL! As a comedian, it always seemed to me that he was highly overrated. I find him an obnoxious clown. You're right about the amount of work Matt Lauer has to do compared with what Regis had to do for the show, but I think the huge scope of Regis's experience in the business, as well as just how good he was in that format (which is now even more obvious than ever), might have entitled him to something of a raise, just out of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    That's my favorite time to watch too!

There are only a handful of people who will inspire me to put up with having to hear Kelly talk . . . and talk . . . and talk . . . and talk.

Since you brought it up Fanny Mare . . . Josh will be co-hosting on May 2nd and 3rd.
    Isn't he wonderful? I am such a huge fan of his, he's such a natural!! thanks for the info, I will tune him just to see him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Keep in mind that Regis is over 80!!! His prep time or lack of it really has no bearing on his salary. I think salary is based on what the show earns and when Regis was there it was a very popular show in syndication. When the show was sold for the new season last fall, Regis was still a part of it. I would be curious to see how popular it is for the next selling period without him.

Disney must have thought that they could do better without him......so far looks like they bet wrong.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread