+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

I don't care for Mike Greenberg as guest co-host. He has too "macho" a delivery of everything he says. Hope he's not seriously in the running. I won't watch if he gets the gig.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't care for Mike Greenberg as guest co-host. He has too "macho" a delivery of everything he says. Hope he's not seriously in the running. I won't watch if he gets the gig.
    He seemed so large and looming, which is strange because Mike Strahan didn't seem like that at all.

I do like Mike Greenberg and have for several years. I would definitely watch him as co-host. It's probably because he makes me comfortable. He's just like the kind of guys I grew up with; we share similar backgrounds.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

To me, he's not funny, not interesting, and he can barely read what they give him without stumbling or seeming to understand the point. If they want a jock, they should get Michael Strahan. He's much more versatile and sharp.

FORT Fogey

I love Mike Greenberg on Mike and Mike, and adored him when he hosted the game show Duel. But I don't think he's a good fit with Kelly. He comes across like he knows he doesn't belong, so he separates himself from the show too much

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

To me, there really doesn't seem to be even one recent male co-host contender who is super charismatic and fabulous. They're all just mehhhh, with maybe one or two a little bit above the rest. I keep coming back to Mark Consuelos, who I think WOULD be fabulous, but I know that he and Kelly have decided that's not a good idea. The other possible co-hosts, so far, just aren't impressing me --- and from what I can see, they're not really wowing most of the other posters here either. It's like the best we can hope for is that they'll choose someone we won't totally dislike or someone we won't mind too much. That's kind of sad, especially with all the hundreds of possibilities for potential co-hosts.

FORT Fogey

I said earlier that they should go to out of NYC affiliates and look at tapes of well regarded local people, bring them to NY and try them out. This "dating" ( heavens I hate that term) using the same people , selected by Gelman and his staff , over and over IS NOT WORKING
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.

I think Chris Harrison, Drew Lachey, and Josh Groban are....ok. Hmmm...

For me, the best co host for her is Anderson Cooper. Too bad he doesn't seem to want the job.

Michael Strahan is darling and I like him BUT he's a terrible interviewer. jmo Is it something he can overcome? Possibly. But, if he's hired it will be a LONG time before Kelly would be able to take the day off because I don't think he'd be able to handle things without her for a year or so.

I think Kelly Ripa is nothing without Regis! Her head is betting bigger and bigger....for no apparent reason! HE made the show and nothing she does will ever compare to the production they put on together each day. That said, I realize life does go on and she'll need a cohost if the show is to continue.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 06-03-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

I guess Kelly and AC are very good friends and have done well together on the show, but he has his own talk show now. He has not been seen during this 6 month hunt for a new co-host so I am guessing that his show is doing well enough that he would not be interested in doing this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I think Chris Harrison, Drew Lachey, and Josh Groban are....ok. Hmmm...

For me, the best co host for her is Anderson Cooper. Too bad he doesn't seem to want the job.

Michael Strahan is darling and I like him BUT he's a terrible interviewer. jmo Is it something he can overcome? Possibly. But, if he's hired it will be a LONG time before Kelly would be able to take the day off because I don't think he'd be able to handle things without her for a year or so.

I think Kelly Ripa is nothing without Regis! Her head is betting bigger and bigger....for no apparent reason! HE made the show and nothing she does will ever compare to the production they put on together each day. That said, I realize life does go on and she'll need a cohost if the show is to continue.
    I can't fathom this... her head is physically huge as it it... maybe it's just compared to that razor-thin, muscular body it looks huge. She's a lollipop... huge head, skinny body.
    ibot2much likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread