+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

I like Martin Short a lot with Kelly. He has a bit of the "bon vivant" man-about-town quality as Regis did.
    mountaingirl70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Martin Short is pretty good too. He was on today. Man, did anyone see him on Damages a few seasons ago? He was WONDERFUL in that drama.
    Oh yeah, he was wonderful on Damages! I love Martin Short in general... going way back to his days on Saturday Night Live and "Ed Grimley", I must say

I know this is a tangent but did anyone see Martin Short on TODAY this morning? Kathie Lee Gifford interviewed him about his role in Madagascar 3 I think it was... she got a bit on the personal side saying something along the lines of "yanno, Martin, you and your wife, Nancy, have one of the best marriages in Hollywood... it's really something else... how long have you two been married now??". Ever so graciously Martin replied "we (inaudible) married 36 years". Okay... hello... Martin's wife Nancy died like 2-3 years ago! Who did the horrible research????????? Was Kathie Lee drunk or something and "went rogue" or what? God bless him for being so gracious in response to her completely asinine question! She continues to make a complete fool of herself and why any network employs her is totally beyond me.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

What I'd LOVE to know with a blunder like Kathie Lee made (and she's not the only talk show host to do such a thing) is when the interview is done, and some producer has the job of going to Kathie Lee to tell her what that Martin Short's wife is dead and she really screwed up, is her reaction total embarassment, or does she laugh it off, without giving a care to what she's done? I know we'll never know the answer, but that's the kind of behind the scenes stuff I'd love to know about

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    What I'd LOVE to know with a blunder like Kathie Lee made (and she's not the only talk show host to do such a thing) is when the interview is done, and some producer has the job of going to Kathie Lee to tell her what that Martin Short's wife is dead and she really screwed up, is her reaction total embarassment, or does she laugh it off, without giving a care to what she's done? I know we'll never know the answer, but that's the kind of behind the scenes stuff I'd love to know about
    Yeah, it would speak a lot to their true character... something I don't honestly believe we ever really get to see.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

This is what Kathie Lee tweeted after she realized her major faux pas:
    "I send my sincerest apologies to @MartinShort and his family. He handled situation w/enormous grace and kindness and I'm so grateful."
    Kathie Lee Doesn't Know Martin Short's Wife Is Dead [Video] - Yahoo! TV

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    This is what Kathie Lee tweeted after she realized her major faux pas:
    Kathie Lee Doesn't Know Martin Short's Wife Is Dead [Video] - Yahoo! TV
    I think she also apologized on air, before the tweet. I would feel so badly.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Oh yeah, he was wonderful on Damages! I love Martin Short in general... going way back to his days on Saturday Night Live and "Ed Grimley", I must say

I know this is a tangent but did anyone see Martin Short on TODAY this morning? Kathie Lee Gifford interviewed him about his role in Madagascar 3 I think it was... she got a bit on the personal side saying something along the lines of "yanno, Martin, you and your wife, Nancy, have one of the best marriages in Hollywood... it's really something else... how long have you two been married now??". Ever so graciously Martin replied "we (inaudible) married 36 years". Okay... hello... Martin's wife Nancy died like 2-3 years ago! Who did the horrible research????????? Was Kathie Lee drunk or something and "went rogue" or what? God bless him for being so gracious in response to her completely asinine question! She continues to make a complete fool of herself and why any network employs her is totally beyond me.
    Indeed! I have often wondered the same thing. She's obnoxious and phony, and I've never heard anything intelligent come out of her mouth. She must have photographs of network executives cavorting with prostitutes!
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I have never been a fan of hers and I don't like the morning cocktails featured on that show.....it is odd to be known for that at 11 am

FORT Fogey

I'll say one thing for Kathie Lee's blunder. She certainly gave Martin Short an opportunity to show the world what an incredible class act he is. He has handled it with such grace.
    Florimel likes this.

I'll say one thing for Kathie Lee's blunder. She certainly gave Martin Short an opportunity to show the world what an incredible class act he is. He has handled it with such grace.
    Didn't he though !
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread