+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Live! With Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Have they considered another woman to co-host the show?
    I'm pretty sure they'll hold the Winter Olympics in Hell before Kelly lets them bring in another female to host.

ETA: Let me qualify... I mean as a permanent co-host.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 05-20-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    ibot2much and JavaJo like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I am a lone fan of Kathie Lee. I aways liked her and even like her now on The Today Show. I guess it's one of those things.

Did anyone see Kelly on this Special report last week? It featured people with bizarre medical conditions. Kelly diagnosed herself, after many years, of having this condition that makes the person go crazy to hear certain sounds, called mesophonia. They generally cannot tolerate someone chewing, swallowing, breathing or talking. It effects her life with her kids and husband. I was not too surprised since I have heard her talk about her aversion to people eating before. It's a real medical thing, though it sounds very odd.

Safer for Misophonics: 20/20′s Misophonia Coverage - ABC News
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I've heard Kelly mention her difficulties with certain sounds, but I didn't know she actually has misophonia. I'm so sorry to hear that because it is so difficult to live with any of these kinds of disorders --- it's very much like people who have OCD or phobias. As a former phobic, I can tell you that it is so sad to have a condition like this and not know how to deal with it or how to make it better. Fortunately for me, I was able to get help with my phobias and they are much better now (although they never completely go away, and one always has the fear that they will return). Hopefully the current increase in the public's (and medical community's) awareness of misophonia will trigger research into its causes and cure.

FORT Fogey

Actually one of the more interesting guys on today-----a singer from Bare Naked Ladies. I didn't have much hope for him, but her turned out to be very personable and interesting.

FORT Fogey

I forgot to post this last week, but the segment they did on Friday's show with ideas to entertain kids on road trips was one of my favorite things I've ever seen on daytime TV. Kelly and Seth found a great balance between giving the information, having fun, and making fun of it all at the same time. Normally I hate when daytime TV does segments like that, because they race through the ideas too fast. But I laughed so hard I had to rewind it and watch a few more times!

It sure seems like Seth Myers is in line for the job. Perhaps he will leave SNL for this one. He's been on there quite a bit. I do like him. I wonder what they are waiting on.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

I've read elswhere that he is considered the heir-apparent the SNL executive producer job whenever Lorne decides to pack it in. If faced with the decision of "leave now for a good daytime gig, or wait around for a HUGE late night gig" I could understand why it would not be that easy of a decision.
    Debb70 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Wow! The mystery of Regis' replacement is as rivetting as Who Shot JR?

Kidding.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Martin Short is pretty good too. He was on today. Man, did anyone see him on Damages a few seasons ago? He was WONDERFUL in that drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Martin Short is pretty good too. He was on today. Man, did anyone see him on Damages a few seasons ago? He was WONDERFUL in that drama.
    Yes, he was.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread