+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

FORT Fogey

Re: Live! With Kelly

Thanks for the information. I was away for 10 days and didn't even turn it on today at home.....so I have no idea how it is going lately. You made some good points about how Kelly's inability to lead is showing itself as this silly "dating" continues on. It has gone on too long...aren't we going on 6 months since Regis left??

FORT Fogey

Yes, he left last November. I wonder if they'd ever have him on as a guest (not co-host). He probably wouldn't want to visit.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Hmmmm, must be me, but I am really ENJOYING KELLY and like her a lot in the lead role. I like the show much better without Regis, whom I found to be totally annoying! As for the co-hosts --- don't know who they'll end up with, but whomever it is will probably be fine, so long as Kelly is in the lead. I would have really loved to see Kelly and Mark do it together, but they have said that they think it wouldn't be good for their marriage.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I was thinking that we are approaching the time when the syndicated shows will be looking for new homes. The networks are cancelling their own shows and looking at new pilots but they will need to fill the non prime time with sydicated shows. Not a good time to still be in a state of flux and indecision because what do you have to show the buyers?

Have they considered another woman to co-host the show? It works for The View and The Talk, why not this show? Or maybe get someone relatively unknown to co-host. Does it have to be someone famous? A lot of people didn't really know who Kelly was when she started. I never watched the soap she was on, and the only reason I knew who she was is because my mother bought the soap magazines and passed them on to me when she was done reading them.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I've said that for some time....that the whole concept should have been changed. I think a woman would work since Kelly's big interests are her children and her mommy life. They should have banished those high chairs from the set and made something more comfortable for the two women and guests. With Regis the conversation was about NYC activities that he and Joy were involved in and then guests who had a movie etc to schill. That no longer fits the show.

The show should have been given a different direction......but I doubt that Gelman was able to do anything except the same old-same old.

Should be interesting if the show will be picked up since right now a station would be buying a pig-in-a-poke with neither the hosts nor the concept clear and established
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I so do not want a female co-host. I no longer ever watch The View and I never did watch Talk. I think a man and woman work perfectly for this show and I would hope that continues. I, too, like Kelly. She does not take herself too seriously or she is a good enough actress not to appear to do that. Admittedly, I watch only when there are guests I want to see, but when I do, I enjoy the show.
    nanarama likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't really enjoy two female hosts. We have that on the final hour of Today with Hoda and Kathie Lee. I didn't realize just how much I disliked it until Kathie Lee was off and Willie Geist from MSNBC filled in for her. Now that was fun - Hoda and he were great together. I was sorry to see KL come back .
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

If I had to rank my least favorite female host in the histry of TV, it would be Kathie Lee...

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    If I had to rank my least favorite female host in the histry of TV, it would be Kathie Lee...
    Awww... now see there, I think Kathie Lee Gifford was great in the very beginning. Then she started believing her own press and well, as they say, it was all downhill from there and the rest is history. She became completely unbearable and I think Regis deserves a place in heaven for putting up with her the way he did. She's now become absolutely boorish.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread