+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

Re: Live! With Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Many years ago I was fortunate enough to purchase a home from Lucie Arnaz. It was in the 80's, and she had just married Lawrence Luckinbill (an actor) and the house, which was like a charming 'honeymoon cottage' was too small for their staff and growning family --- but it was the perfect size for me. It was a lot of fun for me to be dealing with 'celebrities' --- Lucie was very down to earth and very charming --- and I even got to speak to her mom (Lucille Ball) on the phone several times. BUT, one of the best parts for me was the fact that Lucie's basement/garage was FILLED to almost overflowing with old Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz memorabelia ---everything from parts of old movie and tv costumes and props, to collections of all sort, to books, letters, photos, old '78' LP record albums, even Lucie's own date/appointment book for the previous year (complete with other celebrity stars' names, phone numbers, etc.). Lucie didn't want any of it, and was ready to have it all cleared out before I moved in, but I asked her to just leave it all -- and she was willing to do that. I can't tell you how much fun it was going through everything!!! And still, to this day, over 30 years later, I still have quite a few of her 'treasures' that I now treasure too.
    Wow! now that would be something to go through.Her treasures are now yours .How lovely for you.!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I tuned in for only a few minutes today halfway into the show. Who was the co-host Ben Mulroney (sp)? Is he an actor? Is he the brother of Dermot Mulroney? I thought I saw a resemblance. Now that it's so late in the season, I wonder if they're going to wait till the fall to choose someone. I know some people like this rotating co-host thing, but I don't. It's only an endless parade of men who have no on-screen chemistry with Kelly (except perhaps for Michael Strahan and NPH, maybe because they're friends IRL).

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

AlwaysVeg, Ben Mulroney is Canadian. He is the son of the former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and works in TV, I think. He was a co-host once before and he mentioned who he was for those of us ( Americans) who didn't know who he was.

Dermot Mulroney? Now HE is scrumptious! One of my favorite actors!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, Eastcoastmom. I think Dermot Mulroney is gorgeous, too. Maybe I was seeing what I wanted to see!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Most definitely, AlwaysVeg. lol Dermot Mulroney is gorgeous. Ben Mulroney, not so much. Well, OK he isn't bad~~but he does look very much like his father. He is also our Ryan Seacrest, as he was the host of Canadian Idol.

Kelly, where did she go so wrong? So annoying, and I used to love her. Didn't pay much attention to her today tho. Nathan Fillion was there! Another beautiful sight in the morning!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I missed the show this morning, but watched a clip of Nathan's interview. I thought Ben Mulroney was pretty cute, although those pants - UGH! WAY too tight and too short! Maybe they were fine when he was standing up, but sitting down? Not so much. Way too much information, if you know what I mean. Plus, what was with the white socks? The wardrobe department needs a talking to if he comes back to co-host.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Ben Mulroney is Canadian. He is the son of the former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and works in TV, I think. He was a co-host once before and he mentioned who he was for those of us ( Americans) who didn't know who he was.l
    Kelly did her show from beautiful Banff .He was one of her co -hosts there and she invited him back to NY. She loved the way he spoke French fluently . He does do a daily talk show off his own, so he was pretty at ease with her. I tuned him to see how he did.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Looks like Michael Strahan will co-host three days next week. Wonder if he's the top contender.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I really like Michael Strahan... might even get me to tune in!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Lucie's house.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I loved reading each and every word of this - thank you for sharing
    Thanks for your comments Marlena, Fanny and Baby's Breath! It WAS so much fun going through all of Lucie Arnaz's family treasures, but truthfully, what I really loved the most was the house itsself. It was like a Hansel and Gretal fairy tale cottage. So cute! Here's a pic of it, if anyone's curious. It still warms my heart to look at it, and I haven't lived there for many years.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

+ Reply to Thread