+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Live! With Kelly & Michael

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Live! With Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    What changed for me was the way she insulted Clay Aiken (and I'm not really a fan of his) when he was her co-host several years ago. Very rude and haven't really liked her since. I think, like Kathy Lee, she has gotten too big for her britches.
    Celebrity will often do that to you. I never watched All My Children so I can't say whether or not she had any talent, but it's not exactly rocket science what she does every morning. I loved the banter between her and Regis and she can be very witty at times. Heck, even Josh Groban made a comment this morning that rubbed me the wrong way, and I normally love Josh. He mentioned how his mom was a Groban hoarder and has saved all of his artwork since he was a kid. This was right after they talked about Edward Munch's "The Scream" being sold for so much money. Josh said some of his early doodlings were in the vein of Jean-Michel Basquiat. Kelly piped up that he should hold a sale as his fans would likely pay a hefty price for them and Josh agreed. I don't know, maybe it was just an innocuous comment that I read too much into, but I thought to myself that he thinks pretty highly of himself, no? And I like Josh, I think he's funny, charming, and a wonderful singer. Or maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

As a Grobanite who has seen and heard some crazy things, I can tell you Josh was "on the money". There are some who are so hard core that they give the rest of us a bad name.

I can imagine the Groban family (all of whom are generous to a fault) of holding such an event and every cent would go to charity. There are several that Josh himself has had a hand in creating.

I too can find fault with Kelly for the same incident. Not because she was offended that he put his hand over her mouth to shush her, but for the remarks she made in connection with the incident.
    Coco46 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I love Josh. I am also a grobanite. He was perfect on Kelly as usual( sigh )
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    As a Grobanite who has seen and heard some crazy things, I can tell you Josh was "on the money". There are some who are so hard core that they give the rest of us a bad name.

I can imagine the Groban family (all of whom are generous to a fault) of holding such an event and every cent would go to charity. There are several that Josh himself has had a hand in creating.

I too can find fault with Kelly for the same incident. Not because she was offended that he put his hand over her mouth to shush her, but for the remarks she made in connection with the incident.
    Tee hee... knew this would get a response from you. Good to hear that the Groban family is a generous bunch. My husband and I often have discussions about what people will pay for things known to have been owned and/or, signed by a celebrity. We watch "Pawn Stars" and he just shakes his head that some object signed by a famous person would go for so much money. He just doesn't get it.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Josh had a childhood that a good many of us would consider 'privileged' but he is a humble and genuine as they come. He's quirky, for sure, but I truly believe he does not have a diva-ish bone in his body.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Josh had a childhood that a good many of us would consider 'privileged' but he is a humble and genuine as they come. He's quirky, for sure, but I truly believe he does not have a diva-ish bone in his body.
    He is quirky , that's for sure. I love his humor .
    Little Sew&Sew and Imperfect1 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Really? I didn't know that. Where was he raised? I don't follow him but I have always enjoyed his co-host stints. But I think, as all of you have said, that he is far too busy and successful to want this as a permanent gig.

I likely read too much into his comment... early morning wakeup made me grumpy.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Tee hee... knew this would get a response from you. Good to hear that the Groban family is a generous bunch. My husband and I often have discussions about what people will pay for things known to have been owned and/or, signed by a celebrity. We watch "Pawn Stars" and he just shakes his head that some object signed by a famous person would go for so much money. He just doesn't get it.
    Many years ago I was fortunate enough to purchase a home from Lucie Arnaz. It was in the 80's, and she had just married Lawrence Luckinbill (an actor) and the house, which was like a charming 'honeymoon cottage' was too small for their staff and growning family --- but it was the perfect size for me. It was a lot of fun for me to be dealing with 'celebrities' --- Lucie was very down to earth and very charming --- and I even got to speak to her mom (Lucille Ball) on the phone several times. BUT, one of the best parts for me was the fact that Lucie's basement/garage was FILLED to almost overflowing with old Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz memorabelia ---everything from parts of old movie and tv costumes and props, to collections of all sort, to books, letters, photos, old '78' LP record albums, even Lucie's own date/appointment book for the previous year (complete with other celebrity stars' names, phone numbers, etc.). Lucie didn't want any of it, and was ready to have it all cleared out before I moved in, but I asked her to just leave it all -- and she was willing to do that. I can't tell you how much fun it was going through everything!!! And still, to this day, over 30 years later, I still have quite a few of her 'treasures' that I now treasure too.
    Little Sew&Sew and AlwaysVeg like this.

WOW! I saw a handful of her things on display in Florida but I remember wishing they had more. You are sitting on a gold mine, Imperfect1!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Many years ago I was fortunate enough to purchase a home from Lucie Arnaz. It was in the 80's, and she had just married Lawrence Luckinbill (an actor) and the house, which was like a charming 'honeymoon cottage' was too small for their staff and growning family --- but it was the perfect size for me. It was a lot of fun for me to be dealing with 'celebrities' --- Lucie was very down to earth and very charming --- and I even got to speak to her mom (Lucille Ball) on the phone several times. BUT, one of the best parts for me was the fact that Lucie's basement/garage was FILLED to almost overflowing with old Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz memorabelia ---everything from parts of old movie and tv costumes and props, to collections of all sort, to books, letters, photos, old '78' LP record albums, even Lucie's own date/appointment book for the previous year (complete with other celebrity stars' names, phone numbers, etc.). Lucie didn't want any of it, and was ready to have it all cleared out before I moved in, but I asked her to just leave it all -- and she was willing to do that. I can't tell you how much fun it was going through everything!!! And still, to this day, over 30 years later, I still have quite a few of her 'treasures' that I now treasure too.
    I loved reading each and every word of this - thank you for sharing

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread