+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
Like Tree731Likes

Thread: Live! with Kelly

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Live! With Kelly

I "know" it's going to be Michael Strahan. That's been my worst nightmare since the very beginning of the search. I think he's a pleasant enough guy, but I would really like to continue watching Kelly, and DON'T want to see Michael Strahan sitting there boring me to death every day!!!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I "know" it's going to be Michael Strahan. That's been my worst nightmare since the very beginning of the search. I think he's a pleasant enough guy, but I would really like to continue watching Kelly, and DON'T want to see Michael Strahan sitting there boring me to death every day!!!
    So do you really know or do you know in a "that would just be my luck" kind of way?

I find Strahan dull as toast. Wouldn't watch with him as the co-host. I tried watching him once and couldn't get through the whole show.

Seth Myers is the only one of the potentials that would make me want to tune in. I like Kelly, but if they choose a permanent co-host that I don't like, I probably won't watch. I don't like Strahan, Josh Groban is terrible and Jerry O'Connell just comes off too goofy the times that I've watched him co-host.

There was one guy that I thought did okay. I think he has a show in Canada maybe. White guy. 30's-40's. I don't remember his name. Maybe it's not so good that I barely remember anything about him, huh?

Really, I watch the show so rarely that I can hardly comment. I did watch Seth Myers several times and he made me want to see more. I was never a Regis fan, so I don't miss him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I don't hate Nick L. He is about the only one I have seen with her that I would watch

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    So do you really know or do you know in a "that would just be my luck" kind of way?

I find Strahan dull as toast. Wouldn't watch with him as the co-host. I tried watching him once and couldn't get through the whole show.

Seth Myers is the only one of the potentials that would make me want to tune in. I like Kelly, but if they choose a permanent co-host that I don't like, I probably won't watch. I don't like Strahan, Josh Groban is terrible and Jerry O'Connell just comes off too goofy the times that I've watched him co-host.

There was one guy that I thought did okay. I think he has a show in Canada maybe. White guy. 30's-40's. I don't remember his name. Maybe it's not so good that I barely remember anything about him, huh?

Really, I watch the show so rarely that I can hardly comment. I did watch Seth Myers several times and he made me want to see more. I was never a Regis fan, so I don't miss him.
    Jesse Palmer the Football player???

I only watch when home sick or on vacay - so it doesnt matter to me who her co-host is since I wouldnt see it enough for it to bug me.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I would find it challenging to have a job in which I had to appear at a certain time in the morning every work day. i have had them before, but hated it. I like having some flexability.

Of course, if I were earning a huge salary, then I would do it for a few years then retire. I'm always curious of people who never seem to get enough money. There are plenty of news people, talk show hosts, etc. who had earned many million dolllars over the last 10-20 years and they have all the money they will ever need, plus for their kids and grandkids, but they just can't stop trying to make more money. I don't get it.

Why don't they take some time to enjoy their kids, their parents, their spouse and friends. Work in their charities, walk on the beach, travel and learn new cultures, read, write, laugh, and love. Why in the world do they find it necessary to get up at 4:00 a.m. everyday to go and read the news or ask people questions about their love life and current fashion designs. lol Some of those rich people who won't retire include, Matt Lauer, Katie Couric, Barbara Walters, Kelly Rippa, Regis Philbin, and others. What is the need to continue to earn so much money?

Do they just love their work that much? Hmmm.......
    I am not a morning person either - and to have to be 'on' at 9am wouldn't work for me either - some days I'm lucky if I ever feel 'on'.

Kelly is def in a dif category than the Katie and Matt's of the world - they actually have to be in the studio super super early, something like 4 or 5 am, whereas Kelly most likely shows up in the makeup chair at 8 am.

I get that their day is more than an hr - but it certainly isn't a gruelling 7-8 hr day that most of us folks put in. I'd love to watch some movies or tv shows and call that work.

I know the View changed their format when they hired Rosie and had every friday off, so they would tape either Wed or Thurs. The View, The Talk, Live with Kelly are way more flexible in their time schedules than the news shows. And can The Today Show get any longer???
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Oh how I hope you are wrong. Yes, he is a nice guy, but I do not want to see him every day. I don't think I tolerate him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Are you maybe thinking of Ben Mulroney?

I only watch when I like the guest stars - and there are only a handful of them that will make me put up with listening to Kelly. To be fair, I didn't like Kathy Lee either. I do like Ellen and I enjoyed Caroline Rhea when she had her show. Other than the two of them, most of the woman who do these "talk" shows ANNOY me as they prefer the sound of their own voices far too much.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Other than Seth or Martin Short (who I don't know is even being considered or if he'd want it), there has been no one guest co-hosting this show who I would really want to watch. NPH wasn't bad, but he has a lot of other things going on, even besides HIMYM (which I hope will end this season just because it's past its expiration date IMO). If the execs even think of choosing Bryant Gumbel, they are the biggest dopes in the world of TV production.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Jesse Palmer the Football player???

I only watch when home sick or on vacay - so it doesnt matter to me who her co-host is since I wouldnt see it enough for it to bug me.
    No, I know who Jesse Palmer is.

Little Sew & Sew - it might have been Ben Mulroney, although the pics I just found of him online don't look quite right. The guy I'm thinking of reminded me a lot of Seth Myers, at least in coloring and build. He was very clean cut and didn't have the same hair as the pics I saw of Ben.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

There are a couple of videos of Ben & Kelly on youtube Critical, if that helps you identify him. In my opinion, BM does look like SM, although I have to admit I am not familiar with either of them! Here's Ben on the left and Seth on the right.

ben mulrooney.jpgseth myers.jpg
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread