+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Shows on BBC and BBC America

Shows on BBC and BBC America

I couldn't find a thread for some of these shows so I'll start one here.

Example: Whitechapel anyone ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Re: Shows on BBC, BBC America & PBS Shows except Masterpiece

Whitechapel is a series about copycats of shocking British Crimes.

Mohandas Gandhi

It sounds very interesting, but Ive never seen it on my local PBS. I do have BBC America, but that seems to be most American shows shown on BBC, which I do not need, and/or Gordon Ramsey shows, which I do not want. I do get Downton Abbey and the Masterpiece shows on PBS, thank goodness. But I'm really disappointed in what I've found so far on BBC American because I really do love British film, tv, and literature.

I will keep on looking.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Let's keep this to BBC/BBC America If anyone needs a separate thread for PBS, they can do that, although most of the shows we discuss are Masterpiece and we have a thread for that already
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Shows on BBC and BBC America

echo, I actually did find Whitechapel on my BBC and have set to record the upcoming Wednesday episode. I was unaware of the show and I thank you so much for recommending it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    echo, I actually did find Whitechapel on my BBC and have set to record the upcoming Wednesday episode. I was unaware of the show and I thank you so much for recommending it.
    You are welcome! Be careful though because it is patterned after some very shocking crimes and so can be a bit bloody.

I'm not certain, but Season One might still be available on line. The first episode was regarding "Jack the Ripper". And explains some of the characters and their relationships.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Let's keep this to BBC/BBC America If anyone needs a separate thread for PBS, they can do that, although most of the shows we discuss are Masterpiece and we have a thread for that already
    Thanks Critical. Once in awhile their are some shows on PBS stations that come up occasionally such as those on Nova, Nature etc. that might be worthy of some discussion and if so, I'll start something. Thanks again for your help.

Mohandas Gandhi

Whitechapel looks interesting. We watch Being Human, prefer it much more then the US version. Darker, stark at times, acting is superb and the vampire roommates are much cuter.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Anyone watching Death In Paradise? I am enjoying this non gory, often amusing, BBC mystery who-dunit series. Just wondered if anyone else is.....
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Yes, I'm watching Death in Paradise and I'm really enjoying it. Very good mix of comedy, mystery, culture clash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast