+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Shows on BBC and BBC America

Re: Shows on BBC and BBC America

I see your point Critical - though I do know a few in that age range who get the "AYBS?" jokes.

Unfortunately though not all the other series relied on those transcendental jokes - and others that would fit that age range - i.e. "The Young Ones" they couldn't really air during the day because of the off color jokes and well... rather vulgarness of some aspects of the show. (Well that and some of the bands featured in there still do occasionally perform so there is the royalties issue).

I'll just admit it - I'm tired of the few times I get to see the network I get tired of of the Star Trek and movies being shown on it. At least Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Doctor Who, Orphan Black and Top Gear are on.

Orphan Black fans... Tatyana Maslany won Best Dramatic Actress in last night's Critic's Choice awards!! On to the Emmy's!
    SpringMaiden27 and Katydyd like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

And I believe I misspelled her name!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Orphan Black fans... Tatyana Maslany won Best Dramatic Actress in last night's Critic's Choice awards!! On to the Emmy's!
    What a well deserved win! She is absolutely fantastic. I actually find myself forgetting I'm watching just one actress, she's so good at creating such distinctly different characters. I'd love to see her get nominated for an Emmy - they could use a shake up! I saw a clip of her win at the Critic's Choice Awards, and they panned the audience. Eric Stonestreet looked absolutely flummoxed, like "who the heck is this chick?" It was hilarious! But I have a feeling people won't be wondering who she is for much longer at all!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I completely agree with you that Tatyana deserved that win and all the others that are sure to come her way. I was late to this show. I'd DVR'd the series, but didn't watch them until a couple of weeks ago.

The finale was simply the best season finale of any show I've watched for a very long time. I just watched it last night & was blown away. The acting & writing are top notch, but Tatyana's acting is the key. She is incredible.
    When you have worn out your shoes, the strength of the shoe leather has passed into the fiber of your body. I measure your health by the number of shoes and hats and clothes you have worn out. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    What a well deserved win! She is absolutely fantastic. I actually find myself forgetting I'm watching just one actress, she's so good at creating such distinctly different characters. I'd love to see her get nominated for an Emmy - they could use a shake up! I saw a clip of her win at the Critic's Choice Awards, and they panned the audience. Eric Stonestreet looked absolutely flummoxed, like "who the heck is this chick?" It was hilarious! But I have a feeling people won't be wondering who she is for much longer at all!
    I feel the same way, especially Helena. Part of me kept thinking that can't be the same actress.

I am absolutely thrilled that Being Human is back on BBC America! I missed the show. Last night's episode was great. I especially liked Hal dealing with his OCD and the state of the house.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Just saw the Emmy noms... Tatiana Maslany was robbed!
    wannasee likes this.

I was coming here to post the same thing! Not only did she give the best performance by an actress this season, she gave the best performance PERIOD. It's moments like this that I think about when the awards are given out. It's all a b.s. popularity contest.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was coming here to post the same thing! Not only did she give the best performance by an actress this season, she gave the best performance PERIOD. It's moments like this that I think about when the awards are given out. It's all a b.s. popularity contest.
    I have to agree. Very disappointed and I will not watch the Emmys this year.

+ Reply to Thread