+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Shows on BBC and BBC America

Re: Shows on BBC and BBC America

Huge BBC America fan here. Love, love, love Top Gear, Dr Who & Ramsey's Kitchen Nitemares. I did like The Mistresses but it hasn't been on for over a year.
    I can not wait to see Orpahn White.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I've been watching Ripper Street (airs Saturday nights). I think it only had a six or eight episode run, but it's really good.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I've been watching Ripper Street (airs Saturday nights). I think it only had a six or eight episode run, but it's really good.
    I didn't care for Ripper St but you might be interested to know it is retuning in 2014 for a second series.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

darn, Being Human is over... last episode to air in GB next week At least I will enjoy one last season. Sounds like they are going out with a bang... satan shows up!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I didn't care for Ripper St but you might be interested to know it is retuning in 2014 for a second series.
    Thanks! We've set a season pass on the DVR so I won't delete it (and hopefully they won't make any changes to the name).

Was anyone as blown away by Orphan Black as I was? Tatiana Maslany is freaking amazing. In nearly every episode she made me forget that one actress was playing all of those characters. I can't think of one actress who gave a better performance in a TV drama this season. I'm sure the Emmy noms will be business as usual, but I think Tatiana deserves that award, hands down.

I'm a bit sad that they killed Helena. So many cool possibilities with that character. I was SO shocked that Alison just let Aynsley die in the kitchen sink. The reveal at the end that Donnie was her monitor all along = holy crap! I didn't see that one coming. After she tortured him like that, I didn't think there was any way he could be the monitor.

I'm thrilled they renewed the show. I can't wait to see where it goes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I absolutely love Orphan Black! Tatiana is so talented. Every "clone" has her own characteristics that you feel you are watching a different actress in each role, from the hair, the accent and the body language. And when she played Sarah pretending to be Alison and vice versa, it really felt like the character playing the other character, it would have been so easy for the actress to slip into the role she has been doing.

I will miss Helena, what a piece of work she was... wow! Again, she was so remote from the other women. And Mrs. S is suspect.... Donnie, I first thought he was and then didn't... didn't expect that.

I can't wait til it starts up again. What a great surprise it was to find this show. I'll have to content myself with the Being Human series finale til then.

FORT Fogey

I love Orphan Black! I did think that Donny was her watcher since he'd known Alison for so long.

I love BBC America. I watch Being Human, Copper, Graham Norton, the Nerdist, and Dr. Who. Also, really liked Law & Order UK. Jamie Bamber, hey now!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Huge BBC America fan here. Love, love, love Top Gear, Dr Who & Ramsey's Kitchen Nitemares. I did like The Mistresses but it hasn't been on for over a year.
    I can not wait to see Orpahn White.
    Do you mean Orphan Black? If so, it's good, and amazing to hear all the accents the lead has to use in the series.

I don't get to watch the network often, but I like it for Doctor Who - though I DO wish they'd run that series with limited commercial interruption so we can watch more of it than we are getting. I know they're cutting out stuff here and there because it's choppy in parts.

Wish they would STOP with the showing of "Star Trek: TNG" (even with Patrick Stewart on it the series IS American), and the movies that they run simply because they have a British actor on it. I don't mind the Nerdist, but only because they do help in some of the slang differences.

I guess why it bothers me on the American TV series on the network is that there are plenty of British shows, soaps and the like that they CAN run on the network that they do not have to overly edit for nudity, language and people still get the jokes even now. I mean - even "Are You Being Served?" is STILL shown on PBS, though a lot of the jokes and double entendres could be seen as more than an innocent misunderstanding.

I agree about it being ST:TNG constantly. I'd much rather see some new shows that I don't get a chance to see on PBS. Heck, I would even take some reruns of Monty Python and the like.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread