+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GIRLS on HBO

GIRLS on HBO

Is anyone going to watch tonight? It looks good.Sort of a Sex and the City for the poor and unglamorous.I'll be giving it a shot.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: GIRLS on HBO

I heard a great review of it on NPR on Friday. It conflicts with The Borgias on Showtime, though. I do plan to watch Girls later on demand.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I plan on watching, either tonight or OnDemand. It looks like a good one!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I watched it this evening. Completely, totally, 100% "meh". I didn't at all feel engaged or care about any of it. None of the characters struck me as interesting. I didn't laugh, smile or chuckle... in fact, I didn't feel anything.

I would love to hear what others thought of it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I thought it was awful.
    Won't be watching anymore.
    Surprised the reviews were so good.

I agree. I won't be watching again.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I guess I'm in the minority then. I didn't LOVE it, but I did like it. I'll be watching again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was interested enough to keep watching, we'll see how these characters last for a season.

It could go either way.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I will give it another look. A pilot usually gives you a strong sense of who the characters are. The lead was good but I didnt see anyone else in the cast that was interesting. I liked it okay.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

The commercials and preview sucked me in but I couldn't make it through the entire episode. I thought it was boring and just plain bad. Now I think The Secret Circle is bad but at least there're good-looking guys for me to drool over. This was just bad.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast