+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    So what did we all think of last night's episode? What do we think Amanda Tanner is tired of lying about? Who do we think she is tired of lying to? I think she's tired of lying to her parents and family about why she's no longer working in the White House. I do not think she's tired of lying to Olivia's team about having had an affair with the President and him being the father of her child. I don't think either of those two things is true. And after last night's episode we can kinda pretty much nearly 100% rule out that she had any kind of relationship with Cyrus

BSL... it's Tony (not Timothy) Goldwyn but I agree with you. He is so good. They all are!!! I absolutely love this show!!!
    I'm not sure if I understand. Do you mean that Amanda is lying about this being the President's baby?

Who abducted her? What a mystery.

What does disturb me is that if Olivia is as good as she pretends to be, she would have realized very early that Amanda's safety could at risk and either hidden her away or put super strong security on her. Big mistake on their agency to have dropped the ball on that very obvious issue OR, it could be that Olivia is the one who ordered the abduction! You think?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I meant that I don't think it's true that A) she's lying to Olivia's team about having had an affair with the President or B) the President being the father of her child.

Sorry I was not clear.

Olivia obviously felt she had hidden her away since IIRC she's at Olivia's house, not her own place.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I didn't realize she was at Olivia's apt. but IMO that is very unsafe, since it's likely that is the first place someone looking for her would look.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'd expect Olivia's place to be a virtual fortress! I mean, she's surely pissed off a whole lotta people who'd want to get back at her! LOL!!!
    Obviously it isn't.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

BSL... it's Tony (not Timothy) Goldwyn but I agree with you. He is so good. They all are!!! I absolutely love this show!!!
    Thanks for the correction.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'd expect Olivia's place to be a virtual fortress! I mean, she's surely pissed off a whole lotta people who'd want to get back at her! LOL!!!
    Obviously it isn't.
    My thoughts exactly Marlena. I'll have to go back and watch the beginning when Steven came in with the bottle of wine. Want to see if there was any sign of a security system (keypad near the door). DC isn't the safest city and anyone living in a place as nice as Olivia's would probably have some kind of security. It does lead you to speculate if she was in on Amanda being kidnapped.

I was not expecting Cyrus to be gay. Can't think of anytime in previous episode that they hinted at it. LOVED the speech he gave to the President about how screwed up things were going to be. LOL'd at the description of the VP - wondering who's gonna play that part.

Starting to have serious doubts about the First Lady. She isn't as squeaky clean or as naive as she's pretending to be. And you just know that young & innocent looking Billy has skeletons in his closet too.

I think last night's episode has been my favorite so far. Loved the back stories we got on all of Olivia's crew . . . well, except for Quinn. Is she gonna end up being a "double agent"?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Loved the episode. Finding out that Quinn re-invented herself an am dying to know why. Loved Cyrus (is he out as a gay man?)

I think Amanda was working for someone to get '5 minutes with the president' to kill him and that once she was going to tell the truth - they put a stop to it.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I am way too filled up with info overload to speculate. Whew !

The President's philandering with Amanda seems to be valid because of "the tape", but if he is so almighty nuts about Olivia ... why?

Also, have they ever said whether Amanda just quit ... or was she somehow forced out. I may have missed something but I don't recall. If she wants 5 minutes with him now, why would she have quit in the first place? I think maybe the First Lady has something to do with this.

Was Amanda abducted or was she murdered and her body carried off? For her to have been "removed" somebody very powerful is involved. Could someone be wanting to abort the child ?

As said ... info overload ... but I am now officially enjoying this show a lot.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Amanda quit after Olivia threatened her in the 2nd episode.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

wow - do you think that was Amanda they were fishing out of the water or another smokescreen. I actually liked that they investigated the people in Olivia's firm - gave you a quick backstory on them without having to devote a whole episode to it. Wonder who Quinn used to be? And I like the quiet computer guy a lot. I don't really care for Abby. Maybe she'll grow on me.

I like this show a lot more than I expected to!

+ Reply to Thread