+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 125 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: Scandal

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    They'd be venturing into UNKNOWN TERRITORY with that storyline! Reagan was the only president with a "divorce" in his past, and it happened long before he took office.

You kinda have to wonder . . . if they make the re-election part of the show, will we have to watch campaign commercials as part of the episode?
    James Buchanan was a bachelor throughout his life.. his niece (adopted by him) was the one that assumed the "First Lady" role or hostess.
    Grover Cleveland married while IN office. Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, and Chester Arthur being widowers were all single in office.

There is enough fodder there for them to have a storyline lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    James Buchanan was a bachelor throughout his life.. his niece (adopted by him) was the one that assumed the "First Lady" role or hostess.
    Grover Cleveland married while IN office. Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, and Chester Arthur being widowers were all single in office.

Then of course there was Michael Douglas in American President. (Sorry ... I couldn't help myself!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post

It's not so much about NOT having a FLOTUS, but more about having had one and getting rid of her. Mellie would be sure the D*I*V*O*R*C*E was made very PUBLIC
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I agree. No president has ever gotten a divorce while holding office. Nor should they. The focus would instead be on his personal life much more than his job. I can't see them getting a divorce until they are out of the White House. But then again, this is fiction, so the IRL believable may be ignored. And yes, Mellie would make a huge public stink I am sure. Plus the truth would come out about Fitz' affair with Olivia. He'd totally lose the women's vote if it happened before re-election. Plus, I love Mellie, and would hate to see her character diminished.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I can see it now. Fitz tells Cryus and Mellie, "I know I was furious that you rigged the election so that I won, but can you help me out again. I hear my numbers are not good." lol Side bar to Cyrus. "Never mind that part about me killing that supreme court justice. She was sick and dying. I'm really not a bad person."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can see it now. Fitz tells Cryus and Mellie, "I know I was furious that you rigged the election so that I won, but can you help me out again" I hear my numbers are not good." lol Side bar to Cyrus. "Never mind that part about me killing that supreme court justice. She was sick and dying. I'm really not a bad person."
    LOL pretty much I can hear that. He's so feeble
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have no idea if this is true, but I'll put in spoilers. It may or may not ever be revealed on the show. It's not a big deal anyway.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read that in the script, that was not shown on air, Jake (Scot Foley) only calls Fitz to the hospital, because the doctor who examines Olivia thinks that Jake is the boyfriend and that he abused her. Jake denies he is the boyfriend and says she fell down and hit her head, but the doctor insists on calling the police and to stop him, Jake calls Fitz out of desperation. It does kind of make sense.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I can't see that as being a spoiler since as you said it was not shown on the air.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

How stinkin' cute is he? Guillermo Diaz at Kaiser LA

Ow.ly - image uploaded by @LollipopTheater (Lollipop Theater Net)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    How stinkin' cute is he? Guillermo Diaz at Kaiser LA

Ow.ly - image uploaded by @LollipopTheater (Lollipop Theater Net)
    Awe, gotta love some Huck
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread