+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 128 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast
Like Tree582Likes

Thread: Scandal

FORT Fanatic

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    The bit with Hollister's daughter - yeah saw that one coming.
    Agreed. Between this epi and the one of the celibate senator in love with his SIL, Shonda needs to come up with some original storylines.

I knew his daughter was faking it the second they showed the video. Pretty tired storyline if you ask me. Hasn't there already been at least one movie like that? I was surprised that this Shonda would do something like that because I don't associate this show with lazy storytelling. I hope it's not a trend....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I think the biggest give-away (aside from the daughter's cheesy over acting) was the lack of any other voice but hers. What were we supposed to believe . . . that the kidnapper was writing things on paper for her to say? If Daddy has fathered 8 children with 5 wives, there might not be much "family" for her to want to be a part of and I suppose the millions she has now can buy her the plastic surgery she'll need.

What saved the episode for me were the parts with Huck and Quinn and that speech Mellie gave to Fitz. The central storyline was almost a complete waste of time, with the very brief exception of seeing Hollis act 'human' for just a little while when he actually began to believe his child had been harmed.
    combatcutie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fan

I thought there was a lot of filler in this episode also. The kidnapping was so easy to figure out that I'm not sure why so much time was spent on it.

And while I liked the idea of Mellie's speech to Fitz re the children, the speech itself went on and on as she repeated some things a number of times. This episode was disturbingly lower quality than many we've seen previously. I hope it was just a one-time thing because I would quickly stop being a fan if the lower quality repetitious show we saw the other night became the norm.

I think I liked this episode better than most here. I did find it odd that Huck didn't notice the ear amputation was self inflicted when he first saw the ear, instead of picking up on it later. And how can you reverse the money transfer as Olivia said they did? How is that possible? Once the money is not in your account, you have no control over someone else's account. AND I have heard actual FBI agents say that kidnapping for ransom in the USA is a fiction for tv and movies. It may happen in Mexico, but in the US, there haven't been actual kidnappings for ransom, since the Lindberg baby. All the ones they know of are a hoax.

I loved Mellie's speech to Fitz. He is a bully, IMO, but I have thought he was that way since day one of the show. He's just a bigger one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I think the biggest give-away (aside from the daughter's cheesy over acting) was the lack of any other voice but hers. What were we supposed to believe . . . that the kidnapper was writing things on paper for her to say? If Daddy has fathered 8 children with 5 wives, there might not be much "family" for her to want to be a part of and I suppose the millions she has now can buy her the plastic surgery she'll need.

What saved the episode for me were the parts with Huck and Quinn and that speech Mellie gave to Fitz. The central storyline was almost a complete waste of time, with the very brief exception of seeing Hollis act 'human' for just a little while when he actually began to believe his child had been harmed.
    I agree with all you have said I wish the Hollis character would disappear .I find he adds nothing.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    And how can you reverse the money transfer as Olivia said they did? How is that possible? Once the money is not in your account, you have no control over someone else's account.
    You are correct. You can't.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    You can, if ALL the money is there. If even a penny is out you are unable to do so.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    Who knows what kind of account each is. Maybe when it's tens of millions of dollars things are different.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Who knows what kind of account each is. Maybe when it's tens of millions of dollars things are different.

I can believe it would be different. The ULTRA RICH live by a different set of rules than you and I.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread